Lesson 31

Chris' POV:

"So nothing came out of it huh?" I sighed.

Andy and I were talking on the phone. It was already Monday so we had to keep ourselves busy grading papers and getting lessons ready. It was lunch time so I decided to stay in the classroom to do some work while I ate. Andy did the same. He was telling me how Kaya and her friends didn't see anything happen this past weekend but they did say Ashley broke up with Ricky or something. I felt bad for Rick but I also felt like there was nothing I could do for him. When I saw him earlier he seemed perfectly normal as always. I just hope he's doing okay...

"Well, maybe Ashley just didn't go home over the weekend. Ash and Dani did say they didn't see him come home. But they did see his mom going in and out of the house."

"Yeah, it's just not enough evidence. But hopefully soon we'll find a way to help him. Ashley seemed okay when I saw him in class earlier."

We talked for a while longer before we hung up to get ready for our next class. I finished grading the stack of papers I had when I heard to first bell ring. As I stood up from my desk, Maria knocked on the already open door before letting herself in.

"Hey Chris, just checking in on you. I heard what happened. I'm sorry you couldn't find anything out."

Maria stepped over sitting on the edge of my desk like she usually does while looking through some papers on her clipboard.

"It's alright." I sighed.

"Well besides that, I just got out of a meeting for the prom committee and they narrowed it down to 2 possible themes. I just need to get some teachers feed back."

As Maria spoke I tried my best to focus on what she was saying but it was hard for me to. All I could think of was how Ricky was feeling and if he was really okay.

"So what do think Chris? Should we go for The Great Gatsby or masquerade?" Maria chimed. I finally noticed that some students where already in their seats just talking amongst themselves.

"Uhhhh......I'm not sure they're both pretty good. Maybe masquerade would be more classy and fun."

"Okay great! Almost everyone voted for that one too! So that's that then." She smiled as she wrote something down on her clipboard.

We had small talk before the late bell rung and the rest of my students entered the room. Maria left saying we'd talk later and I started preparing for the lecture. After I was done with class for the day I started packing my stuff ready to just go home already. The day felt like it had slowly crawled by and all I could think about was see Andy again. And also Ricky... Just as I had exited the building to meet with Andy I got a text from Angelo asking if we could hang out this upcoming weekend and I agreed.

"Hey Chris." I lifted my head up from my phone to see Andy walking towards me so I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Hey, do you have your after school music class to teach today?"

"Not today. Actually Maria and I were talking earlier and I told her we could meet at your place tonight to talk about prom. I hope that's okay?"

I agreed saying it'd be no problem and we set a time for them to come over. Andy also said the vice principal will be showing up as well which caught Mr by surprise. I barely know who they are, I kind of even forgot their name and if they're a man or woman. Or both? Anyways, Andy and I kissed each other bye before we parted ways to our own cars. Once I got home I tidied up a bit before going upstairs into my room to shower and change clothes. While in the shower, the water was cascading down my face and one person came to mind.