Lesson 13

Chris' POV:

It was finally the weekend and surprisingly I got all my work done Friday night so I decided to invite some friends over. My friend's, Ryan, Angelo, Mike and Matt came over around 10pm  with plenty of drinks and pizza. It felt like we were teenagers again, because we barely hang out  like this anymore. Angelo was a tattoo artist with his own shop and Ryan would help him. Mike worked long hours in a warehouse and made music on the side. Matt had social anxiety so he would work part time and mostly stay to himself unless one of us hung out with him. 

We were all currently sitting in my living room spread out on different couches. Ryan sat with me, Mike sat across from us next to Matt, and Angelo was in the kitchen grabbing some drinks. We had some old 80's rock playing in the back and I really felt in my element. Angelo came back after a while with a tray full of shots and handed us each one which we gladly took. Except for Matt. Despite him being of age he didn't drink as much. Angelo handed him a bottle of orange juice along with his shot which he thanked him for.

"Cheers to long time friends, and to the fact that Chris is the second hottest teacher in that school." Angelo raised his shot. I rolled my eyes but lifted my shot anyways, everyone else doing the same. Just as I downed my shot we heard a knock on the door. I furrowed my brows as I looked at my friends one by one.

"Did you guys invite someone else?"

Everyone shook their heads as I got up to go check who was knocking at my door. I looked through the peephole and was surprised to see a quivering Ricky standing there with his head down. It was also raining so I was quick to open the door a bit shocked to see him here at my house at this hour. He slowly looked up at me and thats when I noticed how wet he was. His hair hung down his shoulders, water dripping down his face. His black eyeliner was running down from his usually bright blue eyes. He was completely soaked through his clothes and he looked like he had been crying. I noticed he was also carrying his school bag with him.

"Ricky? What on Earth are you doing here at this hour? Come in quick before you catch a cold."

I pulled him inside not caring if he was dripping with water from head to toe. He was shivering so I went to grab his backpack but he stepped back slightly. I raised a brow at him as he chewed on his bottom lip.

"I...m-my dog is in there...."  he barely said over a whisper.

Just seeing him like this broke my heart, even not knowing what the situation was. He just looked so sad and in need. A look I was all too familiar with.

"Come on, I'll take you upstairs. Just give me a minute okay?" Ricky just nodded and I went back into the livingroom to find my friends just talking amongst themselves.

"What's up Chris? Who was it?" Angelo asked.

I stepped closer to them trying to keep my voice low.

"It's just a new friend of mine. I forgot I invited them over, but they gotta go to the bathroom real quick so I'll be right back." Before I could let them start asking questions I dashed out of there to find Ricky still standing in the hallway. I lead him upstairs and into my bedroom where one of the bathrooms were. We were quiet as I gestured for him to go ahead in and he did quickly setting his bag down on the floor. He unzipped it and out came a cute little black shitzu, nearly wet itself.

"He's cute, whats his name?"

Ricky pet the top of the dogs head while he answered.

"Sparrow. I...I've only had him for a little while now." Ricky muttered. I handed him a towel which he gladly took before wrapping Sparrow in it. I grabbed another towel and carefully wrapped it around Ricky's shoulders. He looked up at me with round eyes and I could feel my face warm up.