Lesson 7

Ashley's POV:

"Another D minus!? You've got to be kidding me Ashley! Open the fucking door now!" I covered my ears as I heard my mom's screaming and constant banging on my bedroom door, tears streaming down my face.

"Fuck off!" I cried out as I squeezed my eyes shut tight. 

"Get out here and listen to your mother you little rat!" The voice of my mom's new boyfriend called out, but I continued to cower in the corner of my room turning up the music I was listening to trying to drown out the shouting.

This was my life ever since my dad passed away when I was just 6 years old. My mom became this evil witch who used me as a slave and let her boyfriends beat on me. She's the reason I had to keep switching schools and moving around with her all of the time just so she can be with one of her boyfriends. I missed my dad so much it hurt, he was always there for me when I needed someone and he would protect me from my mom's beatings.

"Just leave me alone!" I cried out not caring if they heard me or not. My eyes shot open when I heard a loud crashing sound and realized my mom's boyfriend had an axe in hand and had torn the door apart. Now he and my mom could get in. I shouted as he grabbed me by the wrist and lifted me off of the floor with one hand. I kept kicking and screaming for help but I knew the neighbors couldn't hear me. It's not like they cared anyways.

My mom's boyfriend dragged me into the bathroom before shoving me into the shower. I fell back onto my ass and before they could do anything else I spat on his shirt. It got quiet, the only sound was the sound of my heavy breathing. Her boyfriend just smirked before pulling out some rope and reached over for me, but I kept kicking at him trying my best to escape. My mom got involved and helped to hold me down while he binded my hands together by the wrists.

The sadistic man just laughed as he tied the rest to the shower head so now I was down on my knees with my arms above my head. I tried keeping my composure but tears kept running down my cheeks. Everytime I pulled on the ropes, they grew tighter around my wrists so I eventually gave up. I kept my eyes on my so called mom and her crazy boyfriend seeing no remorse in their eyes. I was ready to just hang there for the rest of the night until he reached over for the shower handle. That's when I knew what he was up to.

"Get the hell out and get dinner started woman." Without hesitation my mom walked out of the bathroom closing the door behind her leaving me alone with her psycho boyfriend.

"N-no. Nononono!" I cried out but it was too late. He turned the cold water on and I was immediately being drenched. I kept my head down so the water wouldn't drown me as it cascaded down my body. My hair was sticking to my face and I could barely see the man smirk before he walked out but not before shutting the lights off leaving me in complete darkness. My head hung down and I shut my eyes tightly, my body shivering from the freezing water hitting my skin. I wish I could at least move my hair out of my face but my wrists were bound and my arms began to go numb.

This had to be it. I was going to die.

My mind kept racing with thoughts of my father who was killed in a car accident when I was still young. Not too long after, my mom became even more abusive towards me and would constantly bring random dudes each week or two. Anytime they broke up with her she would blame me for them leaving and try to take a hit at me. But she knows if she tried to put her hands on me, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself. I think that's why she brings around guys who are bigger and stronger than me so I wouldn't be able to fight back.

As the cold water numbed my body, someone kept crossing my mind.

Mr. Biersack.

I try to act so tough and badass at school, giving him a hard time. But I'm the bitch here. That outlaw act I put on at school is obviously my way of coping with what's really going on in my life. Everybody wishes they were with me, or could be like me, but I wouldn't even wish this life on my worst enemy.
.
.
.
.

"Mr. Purdy!"

I shot my head up when I heard the sound of my name being called out and I realized I had been dreaming. Well, it wasn't a dream because it really happened but I had fallen asleep in class again. I leaned on my elbow resting my hand against my cheek as I looked up at Mr. Biersack who was the one who called my name out.

"Well good morning Mr. Purdy. Thank you for joining us."

I heard a few people chuckle under their breathes but I just rolled my eyes and stared out the window next to me. It was only Thursday, and what happened at home happened Tuesday night. I woke up still in the shower, my clothes soaked as well as my hair. Someone had turned off the shower at one point when I passed out and unbound me, but it didn't help the fact that I was still freezing.

After class was over I picked up my bag ready to just get the hell out when I was held back by Mr. Biersack. I rolled my eyes at him as I leaned against one of the front row desks waiting for the last of the students to leave the room. Mr. Biersack then removed his coat revealing his black button up, my mouth almost watering at how fitting it was around his slim body.

"Ashley, are you getting enough sleep at home?" He asked as he leaned against the side of his desk.

No.

"What's it to ya?" I smirked.

"Well you're skipping classes and falling asleep in mine. This doesn't look good for you Mr. Purdy. If something's going on at home.." He trailed off as he stepped closer enough to rest a hand gently on my shoulder. I glanced down at his hand and back up into his icy blue eyes. My face felt warm but I did my best to keep my composure even though I just wanted to cry.

"Psshh. I'm fine man. Can I just go?" I scoffed. My teacher just sighed and nodded me off. I just smirked walking out if his classroom and quickly made my way to the bathroom. Once there I locked myself in one of the stalls making sure I was alone and sat on the toliet seat. That's when the tears began to fall. I covered my face with my hands holding back from sobbing out loud, only letting out small whimpers.

I'm no tough guy.

I'm just a broken soul.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Poor baby ):