Lesson 34

Ashley's POV:

"Ashley! Do you have your bags packed yet?" I heard my mom yell out to me from downstairs. I rolled my eyes as I continued to do my homework and turned my music up louder. Last thing I want is my mom to come storming up here and ruining my peace.

A smile suddenly came across my face as I thought back to earlier today when I finally asked Ricky to prom. He looked so shocked and I even left him speechless. I know he said he was currently dress shopping with his friends so I came home to finish some school work. It was still pretty early so I decided I would go out after I was done with my homework. I've gotta find a gift for Ricky, plus one of those flower, wrist thingies that girls wear to prom. That's normal right?

After another 20 minutes or so I was finally finished with my Spanish homework so I quickly put it away to start getting ready. I sent Jake, Spencer and Jeremy a text asking them if we could meet up before slipping into the bathroom to shower. Once I was done showering and drying my hair, I went back into my room to get dressed. While I was getting dressed, I heard the sound of a car door shutting so I went over to my window to see my mom and her boyfriend getting in his car and I watched as the two drove off. I let out a sigh of relief as they left, just happy I could leave through the front door this time instead of jumping out of the window. I finished getting ready and rushed down the stairs to find an empty house. I smiled to myself, pulling out my phone to see Jeremy agreed to hang so we planned on meeting at the mall. Jake said he would catch up in about 30 minutes. Spencer said he unfortunately was stuck with babysitting duty.

After I picked up Jeremy, we drove to the mall and he immediately wanted to get some Boba. I rolled my eyes playfully but we both went up to the Boba stand to order. Once we gave the lady our order, I got a text from Jake saying he was pulling up so I told him where to meet us at.

"So I think I'm gonna ask Ash to prom."

"Careful, she's like a firecracker with a never ending fuse." I chuckled.

Jeremy just smirked as he took a sip from his drink before sighing.

"Yeah, isn't she great?"

"She's alright, but just not as cute as Kaya." We turned to see Jake now standing there with a monster can in his hand. He sat down with us and we all started talking about prom. Jake even told us he was planning on asking Kaya out after their next date

"Thank you guys for helping me with my prom posal. I owe you one. And Spencer too."

"So you think you can hook me up with little miss wild card?" Jeremy asked.

"I might not have to. Here's your chance." I smirked looking just over his shoulder to see Ricky walking with the girls.

They were all holding shopping bags just smiling and laughing with each other. Ricky looked so happy...He looked up and we made eye contact so I waved at him. He smiled shyly waving back. Jeremy cursed under his breath but tried to play it cool as they approached us.

"Hey guys! Fancy running into you boys here." Ash giggled. She looked over at Jeremy who seemed to be having a hard time keeping it cool but he greeted her anyways.

Kaya and Jake were already lost in conversation before I heard him offer to buy her Boba which she agreed to. The two excused themselves before Jake got up and they walked off. Ricky came around to where I was so I wrapped my arm around his waist and grabbing his hand to kiss it.

"We were just talking about prom." I winked at Ash before nodding my head at Jeremy. He got the hint so he got up asking Ash if she would like an ice cream. She happily accepted and thr two waved us off before walking away.