Lesson 26

(A/n: from now on, whenever there's going to be a chapter that contains graphic content, harsh language, and triggering topics including violence, physical and mental abuse, etc.... I'm going to add a * at the beginning. Thank you.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*Ashley's POV:

I don't know why I went to Andy's house. In that moment the only person I knew lived close by was Andy, and I didn't want to go to jail. And no way in hell was I going to drag Ricky into my fucked up life. He doesn't deserve that. There were no cars outside of the house so I could only assume that my mom and her jerk off boyfriend weren't home anymore. I quietly made my way inside looking around to make sure the coast was really clear before I closed the door behind me. Letting out a huge sigh of relief, I went to the kitchen to find a bottle of whiskey but it was empty. I let out a frustrated groan before tossing it against the wall, smashing it into pieces. I fell down to my knees as I clutched my abdomen in writhing pain. 

"Damnit to hell..." I hissed to myself as I forced myself back up to my feet. Dragging myself to my room, I collapsed onto my bed still clutching onto my ribs. That bitch and her boyfriend probably broke a rib or two. But I couldn't go to the hospital, and I damn well couldn't tell Andy. If the authorities get involved and find out, i'll get put into foster care, and I am not about to do that shit. I just have to push through this until I turn 18 next month and then I'm getting the hell out of here. Hopefully with Ricky, and i'll finally find it in me to tell him what's been going on. Right now though wasn't the right time. 

I got up from my bed slipping my shirt off and examined myself in the mirror. There were several bruises around my chest and stomach, but the biggest and nastiest looking bruise was on my left ribcage. It was all swollen, purple and blue, and nearly throbbing from the pain. Seeing this just made me hate my body. I hate that I would let this happen to me. I felt hopeless. 

I took some pain killers along with a couple of Melatonin and just pulled the covers over myself just trying to fall asleep through the pain. I didn't even want to think about what happened tonight, but the Melatonin didn't kick in quickly enough. My mind was in a whirl, it wanted to relive tonight's encounter but I did my best to think of something else. That's when I picked up my phone going to my texts to see a familiar phone number. I hesitated for a few seconds before saying fuck it and typed in a new message.

"Hey hot stuff, just wanted to tell you to have a good night. I know it's late but I just got in not too long ago. Hope you don't forget about me cutie. Goodnight ;)"

I put my phone back on the night stand letting out a trembling sigh before turning over to my decent side. My eyes were starting to become heavy and I knew the sleeping medicine was kicking in finally. I just wanted this whole night to disappear and pretend like it never happened.

Big mistake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"W-what's going on?" I was almost afraid to ask as I got inside my house. I had just cane back from a date with Ricky.  There I found my mom sitting on the couch with a bunch of papers in her hand next to I guess her new boyfriend. He looked even scarier than the last, like a mobster or cartel leader in a really expensive looking suit.

"Well, this is Doug, and we're planning on getting married soon." My mom stated before holding out her ring finger to show me a expensive looking diamond ring.

I was taken aback by what she just said but decided not to say anything negative about it.

"Congrats mom."

Her man, Doug I guess, gave her a simple nod and she nodded back.

"But that means we have to move to Florida. That's where he's originally from and where he has his kids."