Lesson 15

Ricky's POV:

The following morning I woke up almost forgetting I was now at Mr. Cerulli's house. I took out my phone from under the pillow and checked to see it was 8am. It was Sunday so I didn't have classes. I sat up in bed stretching my arms above my head just as Sparrow jumped up onto my lap. I smiled and rubbed under his chin as he wagged his tail.

"Morning cutie...guess its time to go home." I sighed softly.

I pulled the covers away from my body and hopped out of bed stretching my arms above my head. Before I could start changing out of my clothes I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I called out.

The door opened slightly and Mr. Cerulli poked his head inside. I felt the corner of my lips curl up into a smile as he walked in, holding a tray full of food.

"Good morning Ricky. How'd you sleep?" He closed the door behind him before approaching me. He set the food down on the nightstand next to the bed.

"I slept fine, thank you Sir."

Mr. Cerulli chuckled and shook his  head at me. He looked so different.  His hair is normally pushed back, but now he just let it hang loose. The only makeup he would wear is when he would draw on his eyebrows but now he his eyes were lined with black eyeliner. His lips were decorated with silver rings making his lips look.....very....

"Soft."

My train of thoughts were interrupted by his words and I looked to see he was just petting Sparrow.

"H-huh?" Oh y-yeah he's soft. Thank you for letting me stay here Sir."

He smiled at me and tilted his head a bit towards me.

"Please, you're my guest here. Just call me Chris."

My face felt warm.

Chris...

I never knew what his first name was until now. It suits him. I smiled up at Chris who just smiled back before standing up from the bed.

"Well, I'll let you eat and get dressed. I'll be downstairs, the guys already left. If you need a ride anywhere just let me know okay?"

I just nodded my head and watched as Chris left the room, shutting the door behind him. I looked back at the breakfast tray Chris had brought me an examined the food. Scrambled eggs, a waffle with strawberries on top and some bacon on the side. And to drink, a tall glass of orange juice. My smile grew wider as I sat on the bed and began to dig into my food. As soon as I took a bite my heart skipped a beat. It was so good! Its been a long time since I've had a delicious breakfast like this. Usually in the morning I would only eat a granola bar or drink some milk since my mom would be up early for work.

Mom...

I hope she's okay....I'll go visit her as soon as I'm done with breakfast. I felt bad knowing she was laying in the hospital alone and probably scared. I wanted to know what was wrong with her and make sure she's okay. After I finished up my breakfast I got dressed and made sure I got all of my stuff packed before leaving the room.

Wait, where did Chris say he'll be at? Shit. I really need to pay attention next time...I closed the door to the bedroom with Sparrow following close behind me and looked both ways of the hall I was standing in. Could he be in his room? How would I even know which is his room? There were only a few doors to mt right so I decided to open each one by one hoping I find Mr....I mean Chris. Was it really okay to call my teacher by his first name? He said it was so it must be....Still, it felt kind of weird. I've been so used to calling him Mr. Cerulli, and now I'm at his house unannounced and sleeping over.