Chapter Fourteen: Under the Mistletoe(Part Two)

Annabeth

December 25

When Estelle opened the door, she screamed in surprise. I gestured for her to be quiet so I could sneak in.

"Sorry!" she whispered.

"Everything okay?" shouted Hazel from inside.

"Yup! Just surprised that there was no one here! Everything's fine!" she winked and I followed her inside. Estelle took a seat on the couch and I snuck up behind Annie. I was surprised no one noticed me walking in.

"You know, nothing beats a brand new pair of roller skates. When I was your age, that was all I did during the summers." Annie froze. She spun around and tackled me in a hug,

"Annabeth!" she squealed.

"Hey, sweetie." I smiled, hugging her tight.

"I missed you so much! Guess what? Dad and I are getting a cat! We are naming it Kitkat."

"That's awesome. I brought you something." I pulled a small box out of my purse and handed it to her.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Open it."

She slowly opened the gift, then burst out into tears, hugging the picture frame.

"What's wrong, Annie?" Thalia asked.

"It's a picture of Dad, Annabeth, Rosie, and I."

"Aww." everyone said.

"Now get over here! We need to smoosh you in hugs!" Sally said, moving towards me and hugging me.

"Hey, Sally." I smiled.

"Dude, I need an Aunt Annabeth hug!" Piper said, handing me Jonas.

"Hey, buddy. Are your parents giving you enough cookies?" he shook his head.

"How dare you?!" I gasped, laughing.

•••

After I said hello to everyone and hugged them, I turned around and put my hands on my hips.

"I just want you all to know that you are assholes."

"What?" Piper asked.

"You left the food from Thanksgiving in my fridge and I had to get a new fridge." Percy looked up.

"You've been here for four fucking days and you couldn't tell us?!"

"Yes, Percy. Four days is so much."

"But we missed you!"

"But wasn't this so much better than me showing up in your driveway?"

He looked away. "Yeah..."

"Hey. Guys. Look up." said Leo. I looked up and saw a mistletoe above Percy and me.

"Kiss already!" yelled Hazel. Percy was still looking at the mistletoe in surprise. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him, not wasting a second.

"Okay, okay, keep it PG!" Percy pulled away laughing.

"We will make it M tonight." Percy wiggled his eyebrows. I smacked his arm playfully.

"What's M mean?"

"Um...M-moderation!" Piper said quickly.

"Your mother is right here," Sally said to Percy.

"Yes you are," he said.

•••

"Thank you for letting me stay for tonight," I said, smiling as I lay down next to Percy in his bed.

"Listen, as long as you're here, you can come at midnight and crawl into bed with me for all I care. You can come anytime." I smiled, planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"Speaking of me staying, I'm staying for good this time. I'm taking over the New York branch of my mom's company." Percy's smile grew, and he pulled me close to him.

"Wise Girl, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you."

"I'm proud of me too," I said smugly.

"Oh shut up."

I laughed. "You know you love it, though."

"I know I love you."

"I know I love you too," I said.

We lay there in silence together for what could have been hours.

"Wise Girl?" Percy spoke up.

"Seaweed Brain?"

"I was thinking, just now, since you're staying..." he took a deep breath. "Maybe...we should think about moving in together." my breath hitched.

"Y-you're serious?" he nodded.

"So...what do you think about it?"

I kissed him firmly in response. "I think we should do it. Annie will be so happy to hear." Percy nodded.

"She'll be over the moon." he smiled. "Will we get a new house, or will we move into one of ours?"

"I think we should get either a house or an apartment. To start fresh, you know? But there has to be an attic, so a house."

"I agree. We have to put our old boxes somewhere."

"We sure do." I shook my head. "Things are finally going the way we've tried to make them go for years."

"Yeah. Yeah, they are."

•••

So...I UPDATED TWICE IN ONE DAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES!

But seriously that Percabeth moment, in the end, was adorable I loved writing it!

I would say, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, however, for me, it is now half an hour past midnight. For some other people, it may still be Christmas, so Merry Christmas. Happy Kwanza to those who celebrate for everyone who it's the 26th for, and in Canada, Happy National Boxing Day.

Love,

Kenzie