Chapter Fifty: Wedding Bells(Finale)

Third-Person

When Annabeth woke up in an unfamiliar bed with an arm that did not belong to Percy slung over her, she panicked. It had been a long time since she'd slept in any other bed but her own, and she most certainly did not like changes.

"Who the fuck..." she muttered to herself, throwing the stray arm off her torso. The walls were pale green, photos scattered around here and there. As Annabeth stood, she looked at the person beside her. Three persons. Thalia was on one side of her, and Hazel and Piper were snuggled up on her other side. Across the room, Annie and Rosie were spread wide over two cots pushed together.

It took a few moments, but Annabeth recognized the room as Piper's guest bedroom, where she'd been sleeping since Jason died.

The bed was much too small for four grown women, even if it were king size. Thalia was dangerously close to tipping off the bed, both feet dangling off. On the other edge, Piper snored loudly with her head hanging off the side. Despite Hazel's small figure, she took up most of the bed with her limps spread in every direction. Annabeth crawled off the end of the bed, shivering from the bite of the cold air. She dug around in her bag and threw on a pair of sweats before going downstairs.

As soon as the door creaked open, Jonas began wailing from his room. Not wanting to wake the others, she went to comfort Piper's son.

It was astonishing just how much the boy had grown in a year and a half. In a few months, he'd be too big for the crib and get upgraded to a toddler bed. It was hard to believe that he was already hitting so many milestones.

Once Annabeth took Jonas in her arms, his crying stopped, and he stared curiously up at her. There had been only a few occasions where she was the one to greet him in the mornings, and it seemed that he quite liked it, based on the way he quieted down.

Annabeth made her way downstairs to make some coffee for herself and her friends. Mornings like this one rarely happened these days; she intended to make it special.

"Good morning, Annabeth!" Hazel greeted her sleepily, yet still with a smile. "Happy wedding day."

Her eyes widened as she remembered that she was getting married today. "Right!"

Hazel shook her head, laughing. "You really forgot your own wedding?"

"I suppose so," she handed Hazel a steaming cup of coffee.

"Lucky for you, it doesn't start until one, so we've got time to jazz you up." Hazel winked over her mug, making Annabeth smile.

"Were you comfortable last night? You took up most of the bed."

Hazel blushed. "Sorry."

"You better be," Thalia groaned as she trudged down the stairs, followed by Piper. "Your heel was digging into my ass all night and you weren't even next to me."

Piper took Jonas from Annabeth and grabbed her own cup of coffee. "Blame Hazel if I fall asleep halfway through the ceremony. Kicked me off the bed twice." she playfully nudged her friend, who was blushing beet red.

"Be nice," Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Do we have time to order breakfast before we need to start getting ready?"

···

Percy had the pleasure of being the one to witness Leo take a shit with the door open, first thing in the morning.

"Does Cally let you do this at your house?" Percy groaned as he shoved his toothbrush in his mouth.