Chapter Two: Home Once More

Chapter Two: Home Once Again

Annabeth(In Greece)

"Miss Chase?" the voice was faint. "Miss Chase!" it was louder now. My eyes fluttered open, and I saw the angry face of my mom's assistant, Natalie.

"Natalie...hey." I sat up, my neck sore. I must have fallen asleep while working on my newest project.

"You need to be ready to go back to America in thirty minutes. The Olympians have their annual meeting, but Athena is unable to go. You will be in her place." my eyes widened as I got up and started throwing clothes and papers into my suitcase.

"Thank you, Natalie. I'm almost ready to go. Just let me get dressed." she left and I opened my closet, picking out a few outfits, as I would most likely be staying for the whole week. I put on a grey blouse with black suit pants, and a black blazer. I brushed out my hair and put it into a low ponytail, grabbed my suitcase and computer, and ran out the door.

•••

"Mom?" I asked. My mom, Athena, turned around, smiling.

"Annabeth?"

"Why aren't you coming to the meeting? It's really important..." she sighed, sitting down and patting the spot next to her for me to sit down, too.

"You've got to understand, someday–someday soon–you'll be inheriting the company. I need to make sure you're ready. Ready to take on the responsibility. That's why I'm not coming." I nodded, knowing it was for the best.

"Okay. I'll be back in a week, then we'll keep working on the project." Mom shook her head.

"I will handle the project. I feel that it would be best if you stay in New York for a while. At least a month. Spend time with your friends–your family. I hear Jonas is getting pretty adorable." I smiled a little bit.

"Yeah...he is. But I can't stay in New York for a long time. It's–I can't."

"Yes." she said sternly. "You are staying in New York. You need a break, and you need to be around the people who love you. Staying away from them is doing nothing for you." I looked away in defeat.

"Fine. Two months. Then I'm coming back."

"Fair enough. Now you need to get going, or you'll miss your flight." I got up and hugged her goodbye, before waving to her and walking out the door.

•••

Flight 508 is now boarding for New York! Flight 508 is now boarding for New York.

I boarded my business class flight, finding my seat and sitting down in it. I pulled out my laptop and set it on the little wooden desk space provided.

"Excuse me? Miss?" I turned and saw a man in a dark red suit. He had brown hair swept to one side, and he had a clean-shaven face. His eyes were deep blue, like the sky.

"H-hello?" I stuttered.

"Is this seat 4B?"

"I believe so."

"Great." he smiled and sat down in the seat. "So where are you off too?"

"New York. I'm assistant CEO of the Architecture Branch of Olympian Inc. Heading there for the annual meeting."

"Wow...congratulations. I'm host of Late Nights with Ken Lore. I'm Ken Lore, by the way."

"Annabeth Chase." we shook hands.

Attention, Passengers. Please fasten your seatbelts in preparation for take off. Do not get out of your seat until the safety lights come on. Please direct your attention to the front of the plane and watch your flight attendants demonstrate how to use the gas masks.