Chapter Thirty-Nine: Talk to Her

Annabeth

I was outside for over two hours, hiding in a bush. As it began to get dark, I pulled out my phone and thought about texting Percy, but I decided against it and put my phone away. No matter how hard I tried to forget, something random would come up in conversation, and it would set me off into a state of panic. I had told myself so many times how irrational I was being; Luke was locked up. He can't get to you. But then I remembered how many times Hermes had pulled the strings for his son, and suddenly I wasn't so sure anymore.

I'd been suspicious of Hermes for a long time, but that last time he'd bailed Luke was the last straw. Something was up with that man.

My thoughts were inturupted by the front door clicking open.

"Annabeth?" Percy called out.

I quickly stood up, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "I'm here," I stood up out of the bush and we walked towards each other.

"You've been out here for a while, I got worried."

"It took me a while to think," I remarked.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head. "I'll deal with it later. I just need a hug right now."

Percy pulled me into a tight embrace, and I buried my head in his chest.

"Can you distract me?" I asked, my eyes pleading.

"Anything for you, my love." Percy said, before kissing me softly. My hands traveled up his shirt, wrapping around his waist. Our kiss became hungrier, fast.

After a few minutes, we were both breathless, and we were sure as hell distracted.

"I say we go inside," Percy chuckled softly.

I nodded. He pulled me inside and pushed me against the wall, as if we were wild horomone-crazed teenagers once again.

"So many hiding spots in a house, and you choose a wall out in the open?" I laugh, pulling away.

"Yes, why wouldn't I? The girls are upstairs watching a movie. Very busy." He nodded.

"But the snacks are down here," I argued, kissing his neck.

"There's a mini-fridge up there."

I didn't respond, twisting Percy around so now he was against the wall.

"Aren't I suppose to be distracting you?" Percy met my eyes, a teasing look in them.

"Everyone needs to be distracted sometimes," I whispered in his ear.

I kissed him again, roughly, then pulled him into a nearby closet. When he asked why, I responded, 'because it's fun.' 

The one thing I forgot about the closet was that it had a window.

About five minutes later, my lips were raw and my hair was frizzy and disheveled. "We really should stop," Percy said, breathlessly. "There is no lock."

"Dammit," I sighed.

"Yeah, you really should stop!" Somebody knocked on the window from outside. I jumped away from the wall, mortified. I could just barely see Thalia's smirking bitch face through the window.

"What the fuck?" I muttered, flattening my hair and following Percy out of the closet. A box by the door had a brush on top of it, so I began using it to brush my hair.

Thalia barged in the front door, grinning. "Sorry I left so soon earlier. Looks like I should have stayed. Aren't the kids home?"

I glared at her. "They're upstairs watching a movie"