Chapter 16

Age: (17 year old) [THIRD] PERSON

-- Night --

The man who continued roaming his surroundings stopped once more at the minka he'd just came out of.

Half of which it was burnt to ashes.

Black and seared at the front, and the back part of the house seemed to have already been clawed at and destroyed by those damned villagers.

Yet, the sight of crimson red blood never seemed to have decided to stand out the most.

Blood splattered the place, like a piece of disturbing art, made to quench the person's thirst for bloodlust while simultaneously being creative.

He simply continued to observe the already obliterated house before entering.

As he stepped foot in the house, a crunch sounded after every step he'd make on the front of the house.

He wasn't even a few steps inside, yet the putrid mell of rotting flesh never and will never seem to go unnoticed by those that enter the scene.

The blood and flesh he'd spill and tore with his own bare hands.

As his eyes landed on a certain lump at the corner of the minka, he went towards it, easily picked it up and brought it outside.

The moonlight caressing the thing's skin before it soon was covered by the figure's shadow.

He went in search for a cave, quite the miles away from the old minka he'd been in just a while ago before finally finding one.

With his inhumane speed, it would take about a few days for average humans to even find their way here from the minka.

Placing the thing in his arms, he wrapped it around with a cloth he'd salvaged from the minka and placed it around them.

A human.

He'd thought at first before the overwhelming aura of something else interjected that once humane aura.

Standing up to leave, he left the cave without a second thought and came back with supplies.

-- Time Skip --

*caw*

The sound of a bird's caw sounded from within the household of a certain female demon.

It'd certainly shocked both forms in the house before seeing the bird peck them on the head and claw their hands, towards the exit of their own house.

"Oi! You damn bird, let the both of us go!" Yushiro shouted, pulling his hand back, somehow being unable to.

Tamayo, however, only seemed to be more curious as to what the bird was doing before Akarui squawked again.

*squawk*

"Yushiro! Hurry, something's happened!" Tamayo hurriedly said before running along Akarui, Yushiro following not so far behind.

As demons, running a marathon was easy, but that was not he reasona s to why they seemed to sweat profusely.

It's the though of seeing your own minka half-way burnt to the ground, and completely destroyed, was what mad ethem worried.

"[Y/N]-san!" Tamayo called out, immediately running to check the inside of the house.

Surely you would've escaped...right?

"What the-" Yushir muttered to himself, before the smell of blood entered his nose.