Chapter 04

Age: (13 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Months Later --

So the bird, whom I didn't bother naming yet because of my lazy butt, was doing absolutely splendid. Though I always wondered how it was able to do such things.

What things you may ask?

Oh nothing really. Just a bird learning how to cook with a outfit on. It hopped around and around for a while before continuing to cook.

I don't think birds cook. How is it so good at cooking?!

Then I saw the bird pick berries and fruits from outside. The basket looked heavy but either way, the bird was able to carry the basket inside.

It was even able to fill a gourd with water from a river with a strong current, and yet it seemed to do it with ease.

I don't even know how strong the bird is. Dang it got the muscles even as a feathered bird.

Then another was when the bird began cleaning with the same cute little outfit on. It dusted and hopped as it did its job.

I wonder how it could have had such control. This bird got some manners I guess.

And that's only some of the things he had done in this household.

I was confused of course, and the bird knew that too, but all it could do was caw and squawk to which I won't even be able to understand a thing from it's puny beak.

"...How do you know how to do these things?" I decided to question, though I was not all that surprised when the bird gave me a *chirp* as an answer.

*chirp*

Oh wait, I actually understood it-

Well, no I didn't and I still am completely muddled by this.

I mean...how is it so good?

It's better than cooking and I know from just the smell alone.

It could get more chores done than I could in just a few hours.

It cleaned and organized the house faster than me.

Even though it's just a little chick? Not that much of a hatchling but a bird doing a better job than me, who's at least five times bigger than a cute small bird.

Now isn't that encouraging.

I sighed inwardly before picking the bird up from the bottom. I began turning it from all directions and observed it in different angles.

Head, claws, wings, beak, eyes, feathers...

Its small beady eyes looking right into mine before I brought my face up close to it.

And did you know what it did?

It pecked me on the eye. 

I dropped the bird immediately and went to caress my left [E/C] eye. It stung and was awfully painful which made me glare at the bird for a while before I took some bandages and wrapped it around my eye.

"That hurt..." I whispered, hissing in pain as the soft cloth came in contact with my injured eye.

With only one eye left, my purple colored eye, I glared at it and began chasing it around the house.