Chapter 43

"And what am I supposed to do with a wooden sword?" They asked with a raised brow, all the while raising the wooden blade being provided.

"It can't even cut through jack shit."

"That's good then," The gigantic male said in response as he kneeled down at the sidelines, near but far enough to be able to get into stance if they plan to attack. "It just shows you won't be able to harm anyone while you're here."

"Ne nene good neee neee harm ne ne neee," They mocked with their bottom lip puckered and eyes rolled up before scoffing. 

"Bullshit!" They shouted while throwing their hands up in the air. Some of the blood that had yet to dry up dripping down their raised arms.

"Language will very much be observed and not only your strength and weaknesses," They groaned in frustration before throwing the wooden blade at the male, who only managed to catch it with one hand. 

"It's to show respect to Oyakata-sama and the rest of the hashiras."

"If you're including that ill-tempered guy, half-half haori and bright pink lady, no thank you."

"It's not an offer [Y/N]. Besides, when it comes to temper, you are no different," Their eye twitched just a smidge as a a vein popped out of the corner of their forehead.

"Ha?"

"Start first with cutting through the bamboos that have been aligned in front of you," They rolled their eyes as they caught the blade that was thrown to them before taking a short glance at the bamboos that have, indeed been aligned in front of them.

"I said this wooden blade can't cut through. Jack. Shit," Taking one last look back at the male. "Or are you that blind to the point it has decided to affect your hearing as well?"

He kneeled silently on the ground, with hands still in a praying position as continuous tears still continued to flow down his face.

"Then you're backing down?" 

They stilled at that statement. 

'What ...?' They thought with a deep scowl. 

"If you're not willing to show me your strength, then that means you are indeed afraid of the fact that people will be able to defeat you and read all your flaws and weaknesses."

Afraid?

Defeat?

Stupid man.

They clenched the hilt of the wooden sword in hand as they glared at the short-raven-haired male with narrowed eyes.

"Afraid?" They spat out bitterly. "I'm never fucking afraid, old man."

"Then show me," he said in short response as they stared at him for a while. Seeing his face never change or move even after a few minutes.

The staring only continued as the wind blew lightly at the both of them.

They clenched on the hilt again, even harder this time.

Dragging the sole of their foot across the dirt floor before soon hearing metal come into contact with the ground.

"All I have to do is break the bamboo things?" They asked, staring at the bamboos aligned in front of them, just as he had said before carelessly throwing the blade onto their shoulder.

"Slice through it." Came his elaborate response.

"Slice ..." They muttered as they observed the rough textured wood in their hand. "...with a blunt blade."