Chapter 45

"How the hell am I supposed to continue fighting him?!" They questioned with a sour mood as they threw their blade onto the ground, seeing the so-called 'opponent' in front of them only stare at absolutely nothing.

"He doesn't even remember who he's fighting for God's sakes!!" They angrily threw their arms in the air before glaring at Himejima who continued to stand in the sidelines.

They looked back towards the mist hashira with that same glare only to get frustrated as they heard what he had muttered under his breath.

"What's that called ...?"

"It's a cloud," They forced out through gritted teeth. "A fucking. Cloud."

"I never said to initiate into a physical battle in the first place," They stiffly turned their heads towards the blind male with a crooked smile.

"...What?" They managed to force out as their brow twitched in annoyance.

"I simply stated that another hashira will be joining us to train you. Not to have a fight with you."

"So what now?" They said while pinching the bridge of their nose in between their index and thumb finger. "Am I supposed to stand here all day or something? I don't really get how this is related to finding out what my weaknesses are."

"Although the mist pillar will not be here to battle with you, another reliable hashira will pay us a visit to see your strength for himself."

"Another male?" They muttered underneath their breath. "It won't be that half-half, fire man, and angry man?"

"It won't be neither of those hashiras. They have some other work they need done besides watching and training you," He explained before they sighed again for the tenth time that day while sitting down.

"Guess I got to-"

"Himejima," They heard a deep voice come from beside them. If they had to guess, somewhere near where Gyomei stood with his red beaded necklace of the sort.

"This is the reliable hashira you were talking about?" They asked with a raised brow as they sighed at the familiar heterochromatic eyes that had came into contact with their own during the battle in the mountains.

"Is your God of some sort mocking me? Before it was only you, now the snake dude?" They asked, rather pissed as they could see him narrowing his eyes at them from his position.

Though, despite the glare he had given off, they raised their brow as they could see his eyes return to its current state, though a bit wide as he took glances of them.

"Staring for what?" They asked straightforwardly as his snake only hissed at them with its tongue. "Take a painting of me, will you? It'll last longer than a memory could ever fit in the crevices of your head."

"Disappointing," was the only word he had to reply for them to immediately know he was underestimating them.

And one word was all it takes before he began walking towards the taller male as they directed their attention back to the young hashira, who now laid on the ground with their back on the dirt.

"Is he fucking with me?" They muttered underneath their breath. "These are the supposed hashiras that are going to train me? They are more of a bunch of fools than reliable idiots."

"Watch your mouth," Rushing into a close stance as they sat on the ground with only both of their arms supporting their weight as the serpent hashira leaned in with his blade below their chin.

Lightly grazing their neck as he dared to push it harder into their skin. "I'd say the same for you, if it weren't for the bandages around your foul mouth," They dared to say, staring into his heterochromatic eyes as he put on that narrowed gaze he had given them before.