Chapter 35

Age: [17 Years Old] [Y/N] [L/N] POV

"Akarui..."

I could barely see him, but he was miles away from me, but from the sound of the caws, it was as if he could barely even keep himself up.

Another whip before I was then smashed into another tree.

i choked on my own saliva before I coughed out even more blood.

I fell down onto the ground with a grunt as I clutched my chest in pain wheezing after the air in my lungs had been removed.

My airway temporarily collapsed before I was able to stand up again.

I held onto my blade as I gritted my teeth in frustration.

'So close!' I dodged another vine as it went straight towards my head, obliterating the tree as I was left wide-eyed at the the damage.

"Blood demon art: Exploding Vines"

Vines surrounded the place like a pest, exploding like bombs as I managed to roll out of the way.

I jumped onto one of the trees and began to jump up before I was slapped down with a single whip of a vine.

i could see Akarui nearing, as I smiled at the sight of my friend before i stood up and grabbed onto his incoming claw.

I grabbed onto it, nearly dodging the vine coming my way as we flew away.

There was no absolute way i'll be able to defeat someone as strong as her.

'the others weren't even going as hard on me as they were!' I thought, sighing, grabbing onto Akarui's feathers for dear life.

My chest began to hurt as I hissed at the sudden pain before I tightly grabbed onto it.

My eyes widened, however, as I noticed the blood on my hands that had begun to stain my clothing.

Before I felt something whooshing past me at such a speed, as I couldn't feel my own weight anymore.

'...huh? I'm...falling'

My haori ruffled roughly above me as my kimono did so as well.

I outstretched my arm towards Akarui, who tried grabbing me before he glided sidewards and away from me.

I was accelerating, I looked around to try and grab something before I ultimately grabbed onto one and did a sudden stop.

I screamed as the splinters poke into my skin, blood dripping through each small wound before I dropped myself onto another branch.

I landed with a slight crack before looking around to find Akarui, grabbing onto my dislocated shoulder and limping on one of my not-sprained ankles.

"AKARUI!" I shouted frantically searching for him, knowing the demon lady was not far from my position.

I froze as I heard a familiar chuckle from right behind me as I teared up the moment I took in the scene before me.

I shouted in agony as i began to freeze in my own spot.

My body was tired, and in so much pain and it seems that I have reached my limit.

I can barely stand, and I have two other major injuries that I need fixed up.

Akarui was limp, hanging on one of the vines with blood coating each and every feather of his body as his eyes closed.

An obvious hole poking through his body as I grew infuriated, veins popping out of the corner of my forehead.