Chapter 05

Age: (14 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Months Later --

-- Morning --

Yet another full year has passed. And I recently found out about this thing called a "birthday". Though I never bothered celebrating it simply because it looks weird.

So I stayed away from that for now.

*lip smack*

Tonikaku, Akarui, the bird I had currently named, was doing fine and was well though he grew much, MUCH taller than a few months ago.

Besides that, I have also recently found out that Akarui was a male and not a female when I accidentally called "him" a "her" instead.

And when I did so, he pecked me.

'Gosh...'

Also, I have been cursed with shortness cause I didn't even grow an inch.

Not even a centimeter. But that's okay cause i'm still technically taller than Akarui.

I may have gone off topic but i'm currently out to buy some materials to decorate the minka I live in and brighten up the place.

I don't really like the crowd, more so a village or a shop, but I have no choice when my house looks like a literal haunted house from the outside and sometimes the inside.

But not too much that it would basically turn it more into an eyesore than it is a masterpiece.

I was walking around the forest since it I am in the middle of nowhere and I don't know the map of the forest so I am trying to work with what I got.

Akarui was my companion in this lovely trip as he hopped beside me. He hadn't been able to learn to fly...yet.

I had walked for a long while so I began thinking about the things that would be lovely for the house.

I had noticed Akarui being unusually quiet and was shocked to see him gone when I looked down at where he was supposed to be.

I began to look around at my surroundings for Akarui but there was no sight of the black feathered tori. I began to panic a bit.

I had grown quite close to the bird, for me at least, so seeing him gone, made me scared and worried.

He couldn't possibly have flew away so suddenly when he didn't know how to fly et.

I was still frantically searching for the bird before a sudden sharp pain coursed through my right arm.

Taking a hold of my arm to try and ease the pain, even for just a bit, I turned to look at the forest to try and find the perpetrator who dare hurt me in the midst of my search for Akarui.

Though, oddly enough, no one was there, and all was still, except the slight rustle from the bushes and I knew it was simply from the wind.

It didn't matter anymore when I heard a pained caw in the distance.

Eyes widening like saucers, I immediately headed towards north where the sound came from, ignoring the growing pain in my right arm.

-- Night --

Hours had passed by and I still have yet to find Akarui.

But hearing another pained caw made me speed up as splotches of green, brown and orange covered my line of vision.

The pain in my arm grew, before I was then met with a wide field of sand.

Hearing the voices of men, I hid behind a nearby bush and spread the branches with my hands, taking a peek at what's happening.