Chapter 21

Age: (17 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

As I took a step outside, I had inhaled synthetic "fresh" air since the only thing I could smell was the scent of wooden planks and boards.

But I coughed a bit as I breathed in deeply again.

'I need to get used to the breathing technique soon' I thought to myself, scrunching up my eyebrows, before immediately running around the place.

The faster I find the exit, the faster I get to go home.

And be back with my newly-found friends.

Though, the longer I took a look around myself, the more it made me dizzy.

The maze and misplaced rooms, shoji, stairs and floors made it all the more confusing. 

Yet it still made the place even more enticing than before.

This is the first time i've ever seen a place like this before, after all.

However, I still continued to run despite all that.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it would've been.

.

.

.

'Have I been through here before?'  I questioned myself as I passed through the "same" stairs I had passed through as I ran.

'i think i'm going in circles'

I had been running for a few minutes, not even an hour later, yet I already felt like i'm running in circles.

Drop of sweat fell down the side of my head as I heaved a deep breath.

"Deja vu anyone?" I muttered to myself, remembering the first time this has happened to me before I ended up here.

Most specifically, when running into a forest to find some shelter.

I stopped to catch my breath and decided to observe my surroundings more carefully.

At this point, I don't think two hours of exploring the place would suffice.

Might I say, the place was huge.

It was everlasting and vast, to the point you can't see any borders or fences on the "edges" of the place.

To think about it, does Kokushibo even live here?

More so, alone?

So far, he's the only being I had seen step foot here.

Perhaps another demon art?

Kokushibo-san, Yushiro and Tamayo once told me about blood demon arts and the amount of techniques there are.

Surely, there should be one for making an illusion, or even a demon technique where you'd be able to build things up from scratch.

Sighing, I pushed that off to the side and laid down on the shoji below me.

I stared up at a twisted staircase as it slowly spiraled into a random wall.

To be completely honest, I have never entered one of the shoji or any of the rooms in the place.

I would've thought it would simply slam shut in front of me and the only one who'd be able to open it is Kokushibo.

As I have observed from just a while ago before exploring and ending up here.

I sat up in a hurry, hissing at the short temporary head ache that had occurred before deciding to check each shoji.