Chapter 25

Age: [17 years Old] [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Hours Later --

As me and Akaza began to converse with each other, me having to slightly stumble on my words as I was still quite nervous with new acquaintances.

I held onto the kimono, Kokushibo's haori I assumed, in my arms as it served as a blanket.

He was a tall and large built man after all, compared to my own slightly scrawny and small form.

"I don't really like being in crowds all that much, but I do have to buy some things from time-to-time, so I simply force myself to go through them" I explained, outstretching a hand as I made random hand gestures.

"Couldn't you have gone in the night? Or when there is less of a crowd?" He then replied, a small smile on his face as I grew slightly red from embarrassment.

"R-right..."

I had grown quite comfortable with Akaza, even after a few hours later.

We conversed with each other as if we were long time friends.

He emits this "aura" filled with kindness and warmth, compared to the cold ones he gave off just a while ago as he entered.

But despite that, I was still able to warm up to him, even if it's just a little bit.

"Do you have any friends Akaza-san?" I asked, as I gripped onto the kimono on my body, as it is the only thing keeping me warm physically.

Unbeknowingly making him scowl as I fiddled with the black and purple linen in my arms. 

"By friends, I meant someone to keep you company" I emphasized as I spoke again, seeing him look at me with a slight frown on his face.

"I had a friend once..." He said, as he looked down to the ground a bit.

"What happened?" I asked, slightly backing away to make space for my legs since they're starting to grow numb.

"They left" he answered shortly, before looking at me.

I was wiggling in my spot to try and get comfy as I placed the kimono on my body as I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"I-I think I can be your friend?" I questioned, as I saw his eyes widen at this before he nodded himself.

"Hai"

He answered shortly as I smiled a bit more at this before the shoji slammed open again, causing me to flinch a bit and back away into the wall behind me, holding onto the kimono that I still held.

"[Y/N]-san?" A familiar voice had said, causing me to bring down the kimono and immediately be met with three pairs of eyes.

Standing up, after staying sitted for quite a while, I stood before him and outstretched both hands that held onto the cloth he had worn.

"Y-Your kimono-" I had begun before immediately feeling a cloth being draped around my shoulders.

After feeling the cloth on my back, I held onto it with both my hands before looking up at him as he spoke again.

"You've been wearing that old cloth for a little while"  He said before looking towards Akaza, who was silent after he'd entered.

"I'll be watching over her..." Kokushibo said, eyes slightly squinting at him as Akaza nodded and left.

Not before looking towards me and smiled as he said "Until next time."

I could sense the hostility between the two, despite not knowing them all that well.