Chapter 14

Age: (??? years old) [THIRD] POV

As a male knelt down in front of a large boulder, he then placed his hands in a praying position and silently prayed.

"-- --san!" A little girl called out, breaking the once silent atmosphere that surrounded the male before her.

"Na--- shi--no?" she asked out of pure curiosity, pointing at the rock the male was praying in front of.

The much older male, simply chuckled before outstretching his arms, to which the little girl happily accepted the hug as she grasped onto the stuffed toy in her arms.

"--- are you --- --- ---une?" Questioned the male, however, the female barely grumbled something underneath her breath as she turned to look away from him, with a comedic flip of the hair as well.

The male chuckled at this, however, seeing her still not looking at him, he immediately patted her head.

"You do know --- wo---if you---?"

He questioned once more, looking at her, having to crane his neck at how small the female was, especially when sitting down.

"You're avoiding my question again..."

She said, crossing her arms as she slumped in her seat, silently sulking as she hugged her kitsune toy a bit tighter.

This brought silence to the both of them.

The silence.

How little [Y/N] hated the silence.

It's a sound but at the same time is a loud booming noise in her ears.

The silence is something she's also afraid, maybe even terrified, of.

Silence could tell a million things if it could and it will.

Are they happy, sad, angry, upset, frustrated?

When we're answered with silence, we never know of what the others are feeling unless close to them.

Sometimes, silence tell the people they don't want to talk about it, they're sad, they don't want to relish something unwanted and wanted forgotten in the past.

As the silence continued on, neither comfortable nor awkward, it was then broken with a single sentence, a single meaning, coming out of the lips of a single mouth...

"It's something meant to be kept secret..."

Oh...how she hated and agonized secrets.

And how unfortunate for the person who said that...

He never knew...

That this would affect little [Y/N] in the future as well...

"I like your smile as well...so don't pout...don't be sad...Smile..."

====== End ======

Age: (16 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A few Months Later --

-- Night --

It's been quite a while since i've been questioning myself.

My mark and kitsune features should've been obvious by now yet, both demons see to be oblivious.

Not that I can say anything about it, since it's also been quite a while since i've seen myself in a reflection.