Chapter 03

Age: (13 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Months Later --

It has been a few months now, and I have met a pretty little baby bird.

Yes. A bird.

It's feathers are pure black, with white tips at the ends of its tail and wing feathers. It had dark blue, almost black, eyes and has this tiny little bell around its neck, attached to him with a red thread.

The bell around its neck made me think it had an owner, so for a few days, I looked and tried to find the owner before I gave up and decided to just take the bird under my wing. (Not literally)

And during, maybe after, this adoption, something weird had happened to me and the bird.

====== Flashback ======

As I trained and trained, at one point, I decided to add a new training routine into the regiment. Something like meditation of the sort. Where I would sit down and just breathe and that's pretty much it.

I would most often do this while sitting down on my legs, hands placed on my lap and my tails and ears are left limped, so I won't be getting any warmth from that in the cold, cold, weather.

I focus on my total concentration breathing more than anything else.

If my breathing was the least bit ragged, or stopped for just a split second or more, I would repeat the whole process again and stay still outside my minka.

So I basically just kicked myself out of my own home as a punishment for myself.

I like challengers so maybe that's it.

But I may or may not have passed out at one time from not eating anything, not drinking a lot and from overexerting my body to the max.

But before any of that meditation things happened, I was jumping from tree-to-tree to improve my agility and speed.

This is a training I need to be really careful with because i'm pretty much twenty feet high up in the air with nothing to cushion my fall from underneath, if ever I fall. 

It was a training routine where I would go slow before speeding up. But just because, I decided to not follow my own rules and immediately went sprinting and hopping from tree-to-tree at high speeds.

'Wanna see some real speed bitches?'

And because of that, I ended up having a sprained ankle and a dislocated wrist, and it was painful as hell.

And because of this, I would not be able to train for a while. My training was based off of improving both the leg and arm strength and with a damaged wrist and ankle, I can't do neither of those.

So I decided to do meditation instead, since that's the only thing I can do as of now. And I decided to do it in the middle of forest.

No weapons and armor or anything whatsoever.

'Smart move [Y/N]. Smart move'

And I thought, as long as I focus on myself and not my surroundings i'm good to go right?

Wrong.

I ended up jumping up and flinching when I heard a slight rustle in the bush nearby and I thanked mother nature for the gift. Cause it helped a lot.

And she heard my prayers again because the rustle of the bush sounded louder, and I immediately went into my fighting stance because of this.