Chapter 13

Age: (16 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Months Later --

It's been a few months since i've met both Tamayo and Yushiro.

Though of course, I don't trust them that much yet, since they're demons and all that, but they're unusually nice to me.

Except for Yushiro who always threw insults and teases at me daily.

And the scoldings of Tamayo.

And Akarui's daily pecks.

Also, the fact that they had easily grown so accustomed of me to the point they'd visit my minka almost every week or month, slightly unnerves me.

I didn't want to seem impolite so I just pushed all of the feelings down into the pit of my stomach and just stayed silent about the topic.

"Yushiro! Do please prepare the tea table" Tamayo requested, to which Yushiro happily nodded a he did what she said.

Weirdly enough, they don't seem to have noticed the marks on my face.

Nor the ears and tails that I had around most of the time.

*swish*

I brought the blade i had tightly hold onto, down onto the ground as it made a slight whooshing sound.

The sound of my own sweat plopping to the ground as I breathe in deep breaths.

To be honest...

I decided to end the training for today and walked inside my minka, still gripping the hilt of my weapon.

As Tamayo continued to cook [F/F], she called me and I responded with a slight hum, letting her know i'm listening.

..When was the last time I ever looked myself in the mirror or reflection?

My gripped, somehow, tightened around the hilt of my blade but I brushed it off as Akarui then glared at Tamayo.

I raised my mask to the point only the lower-half of my face could be seen.

It was hot and i've been training so much so I needed at least a bit of air to pass through.

Though, as my hum was replied with nothing but silence, I could see Tamayo staring at me before smiling and turning her head to the side.

"You called me Tamayo-san?" I said with a questioning tone, before my eyes landed on the plate of [F/F] in front of her.

Tamayo seemed to be in a daze so I grinned and decided to steal the plate of [F/F] while she was distracted.

As I tip toed closer to her, I reached my hand out towards the food, before Tamayo, coincidentally turned around.

We had a little staring contest before I immediately grabbed the plate of my favorite food and sped outside.

"GOT IT!" I shouted triumphantly to myself, as Tamayo and Yushiro couldn't do anything since (from what I heard) they'd burn to ashes the moment the sunlight comes in contact with their skin.

"Oi! You damn bi-" Yushiro began to say before Tamayo softly glared at him from the corner of her eye.

"-tch" Yushiro finished, Tamayo soon sighing, before I turned around and grinned at them once more, raising the plate of food i'm holding before digging in.

"GAH!"

That was before I accidentally burned my tongue and began thrashing around as I cupped my mouth with both of my hands.