Chapter 10

Age: (16 years old) [Y/N] [L/N] POV

-- A Few Months Later --

After the fever has passed by, it's that time of the week where me and Akarui then go out to hunt and find for food and water to restock our resources.

We can't live in a forest going hungry because we can't even hunt for food now can we?

A few days after my last fever, me and Akarui then decided to have a short vacation.

It would just last for one or two days, I had decided.

Walking around, we decided to just make some food and later, eat together, play for a little bit while gazing at the sky during night time.

Nothing special, but surely, this was better than nothing.

Walking back home, we dropped the berries and meat we had hunted down from the forest, and placed them on the tatami mats of the minka.

We had already packed some fruits and cooked meat into the brown-ish black basket that we had weaved ourselves and had begun to set out.

We searched for a place, a clearing to be exact, and decided to ready our picnic vacation there.

-- Night --

Walking around for a little more, at the corner of my eye, I saw a glimpse of a bright whitish-pink.

'A Cherry blossom tree...'

I thought to myself as I smiled brightly and immediately fast-walked my way throughout the forest, and into the clearing with the cherry blossom tree, leaving Akarui behind.

My eyes widened upon seeing the scenery I have come across.

The grass below was a luscious green, the trees around are the same green but a shade darker, a clear view of the sky in the middle and a single pink Cherry Blossom tree in the midst of it all, it's leaves falling then being blown by the wind up into the sky.

Taking a step forward towards the middle of the clearing, I began to turn to be able to take a good view of the place in different kinds of angles.

Spinning around with a gentle yet ecstatic smile on my face, giggling a bit as the pink leaves of the Cherry Blossom landed on my face, my shoulders, my neck, everywhere basically.

"Ne, have you looked at the night sky?"

"Of course I have! They're pretty and bright!"

"The night sky is what lead you to be what your family is now..."

Twirling around, my haori swaying to the direction I twist while my [H/L] [H/C] hair flowed across my shoulders.

"You would have to break first before glowing brighter..."

"Eh?! Do I have to break my bones for it???"

"Not like that little kitsune..."

Beginning to start a dance, I twirled around and around, my arms being raised up then down again, while humming a tone.

"Why am I like this?"

"It's a gift little one. A gift passed down from generation to generation on your family..."

"But why like this? They make fun of me now..."

"It's because they're jealous..."

As I continue to dance, fireflies started to rise up from the grass, brightening up the place as I continue to dance, raising my hands up in a fashion where it would look like I was a real fox itself, jumping around and spinning as it played with it's surrounding.