dream one

She wants to be in love. She wants a man that is perfect for her, shares hobbies, and will lead her to new experiences and amazing memories. She wants to go on a book date. Here's a glimpse of the dream she comes up with.

The Book Date

It is a beautiful spring day. The flowers are blooming, the trees are full of leaves, it's cloudy and there's a nice breeze. She wakes up bright and early, which to her is 10 a.m., ready to do absolutely nothing.

She checks her phone after stretching to see a text from her boyfriend that says, "call me when you wake up loser" and she does exactly that. She waits impatiently for her boyfriend to pick up, surrounded by the sound of the facetime ring. Once he picks up, he chuckles at her appearance and says, "Good morning, sleeping beauty." To which she responds, "Why the fudge did you text me at 7 in the morning?" "You know I wake up early on weekends," he says while frowning. "Anyway, do you have any plans today?" "I was planning on doing absolutely nothing, why?" "I want to take you on a little date, that's why." "Oooh what's the plan?" "I'll skate over to yours to pick you up like the gentleman I am." "Shut up, oh my gosh." "Never. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," he says glaring at her through the screen. She laughs. "We'll skate to the small bookstore right outside of downtown, and pick a book to read together. Then, we could pick up some snacks because according to you, we can't hang out without food." "Absolutely right, sir." "Shut up. ANYWAY, after we do that, I want to take you to this spot that I am not telling you about." "Oh wow. I always knew you were going to kill me eventually, but I didn't think you would warn beforehand." "I'm dating an idiot, huh?" She clutches her heart in fake pain, saying, "I can't believe you just said that." "Really? You think I would kill you? You're more likely to kill me, not the other way around." "Shi, you right." "I hate you, but I'm not going to kill you, I just want to surprise you. So, you down?" "Of course, of course." "Alright, sweet. I'll be at yours at 12, and make sure to bring a backpack." "Okie dokie, but what are we wearing?" "Cute, but comfy. No sweats though." "Gotchu. I'll see you later, homie." "Alright, babe. Adios." "Don't call me that, you hobo." He blows her a kiss, then hangs up.

She puts her phone back onto her bedside table, then heads to the bathroom to get ready. She brushes her teeth and takes a shower, then heads back to her room to get dressed. She puts on a pair of black Dickies, a white oversized t-shirt, a light blue, grid-patterned button-down that she stole from her father (because it's cute and oversized), a pair of white ankle socks, and a pair of black, white and gray color-block, high top Vans. She puts on chapstick and her jewelry, then puts her white and black box braids into a high ponytail. She grabs her brown, corduroy backpack and puts her portable chargers, wallet, keys, earbuds, speaker, gum, and chapstick inside. She leaves her backpack near her bedside table so she won't forget it, then leaves her room to get breakfast.

She grabs a mug and fills it with Cheerios, then goes back up to her room. As she eats, she texts her best friend and checks her social media apps. She aimlessly scrolls through Tiktok, waiting for her boyfriend to come. When she receives a text that he's outside, she quickly closes the app, turns off her phone, unplugs her charger and puts it in her backpack, puts it on, grabs her longboard, then bolts downstairs and out the front door.

She smiles as she jogs toward him, and he does the same. Once she reaches him and they're standing face to face, he says, "Hi." She replies, "Hi." He places his hand on her cheek and starts to lean in to kiss her, but she places her hand on his chest, stopping him. He looks at her in confusion, and she says, "Aht aht. How many times do I have to tell you we cannot kiss in front of my parents' house? They will crucify us like Jesus." He removes his hand from her face and takes a step back, then says, "Right, right. I forgot. You just look so good that I just have to kiss you. It's like my lips are magnetically attracted to yours." She rolls her eyes, then says, "Shut up, you nerd. But you look good too, I guess." He was wearing a loose, white t-shirt with a black and white flannel over it, which were tucked into his black Dickies, white socks, white, low top Air Force 1s, a black Jansport backpack, and his everyday jewelry."You know what, that's probably the best compliment I'll get from you. Let's get going, shall we?" He says, turning to her and grinning. "We shall." She says, doing the same. They both put down their boards, hop on, then start skating to their first destination: the local book store.