dream twenty-eight

Steve Lacy

It was a random afternoon and she was hanging out at her boyfriend's house. They were laying on his bed, talking as music played in the background.

All of the sudden, he asked, "Hey, you like Steve Lacy, right?" She looked at him like he just asked if the sky was blue and said, "Yeah, we've talked about our favorite artists before. You should know this." He ignored her response and sang, "Girl, I want you to ride with me. Baby ride on me." She laughed then said, "That was terrible, and no, ma'am." "Come on, that was good." "No, it wasn't. There will be no riding on anybody." He frowned at her and she pushed his face away, laughing at him.

He chuckled then said, "Alright how about this one?" "You have more?" She asked, groaning. "Yes, now listen." "Baby, I want some of your love, your love, your lo-o-ove," he sang. "Okay, I can vibe with that." She said.

She tackled him into a hug then said, "Those weren't bad, but they weren't good either." "I think they worked pretty well," he said, smirking. She playfully smacked his shoulder, then said, "Shut up. I definitely have better pick-up lines though." "Oh really?" "Absolutely." For the next thirty minutes, they had a terrible pick-up line contest. She won of course, and he sulked for a while. Eventually, she snapped him out of it, and they spent the rest of the night listening to Steve Lacy and having a swell time.
—————————————————————uh this is terrible. i also don't like the next couple things i wrote, so bare with me. anyway, hi everyone. i hope you're all swell. as you can tell, i really like steve lacy. he's cool. the first lyric is from "Ryd" and the second is from "Some". highly recommend his entire discography. this is very off topic, but i rewatched skate kitchen and it's such a good movie omg. i wish nico hiraga had more screen time but anyways... i hope you all have a wonderful day and go read an actual book! (i reread "one of us is lying" and read "one of us is next" by karen mcmanus and they're soooo freaking good.)

- a mood-blown mf (my sister promised to go to the park with me but she didn't wanna go and i'm sad), joyce <3