dream twelve

The Dance

It was senior year and prom was coming up. It was her last school dance to attend, and she was so excited. She already had her dress and everything, she just needed a date.

She had been asked by a couple of guys for the last couple of days, but she's rejected all of them. You're probably thinking, 'Why is she turning down those guys if she wants a date?' Well, that's because she only wants to go with him.

He is the guy everyone knew. All the girls loved him. All the closeted guys loved him. He knew how to make everyone laugh, and he helped out with things occasionally. She's had a crush on him for the longest, but he didn't even know she existed. She wasn't invisible, he just never saw her.

She waited day by day, hoping that he would randomly fall in love with her and ask her to prom. But as it got closer to the day of the dance, she began to lose hope. It was the day before prom, and she just accepted her fate.

The day had come and her excitement hadn't diminished. She was going with her best friend, and she already knew they would look better than everyone else. The event started at 7 pm, so she decided to get ready at 2. She took a shower then put on her dress. It was a light blue off-the-shoulder, satin, a-line dress that made her feel like Cinderella. She put her box braids in a half-up half-down style, leaving two braids in the front down. She put on white ankle socks and white Authentic Vans because there was no way in hell that she would wear heels, and everyone has given up on convincing her to do so. She's never been a fan of makeup, so she just put on some chapstick and called it a day.

Ten minutes after she finished getting ready, her best friend showed up to her house. She came down from her room to see her family, her best friend and her best friend's family. She walked up to her best friend and dapped them up. Her best friend was wearing a red, silk suit with white Air Force 1s. "You snapped," she says smiling at her best friend. "You did too, Cinderella," they chuckle. "Shut up," she says before going to greet everyone.

Their family members took tons of pictures before they headed off. They wanted to get dinner beforehand, so they took her Jeep to Chick-Fil-A. They headed in and ordered, surprised to see no one from their school. They ate and talked for a couple of hours before heading to the venue. After a forty-five minute drive, they reached prom.

They hopped out of her car and walked into the beautifully decorated venue. The next few hours went exactly as she pictured. She talked to a whole bunch of people and spent a good amount of time at the snack table. She looked around every five seconds in hopes of seeing him. She dragged her best friend on the dance floor and they out-danced everybody in the whole room. They hit the dougie the hardest they could, leaving everyone's eyes on them.

Out of nowhere, the DJ called all the lovers onto the dance floor, playing a slow song. Her best friend magically disappeared from the dance floor, leaving her in the middle, all alone. All of a sudden, someone places their hands on her waist, causing her to place her hands on their shoulders. She looks up in confusion to see him. "

Hi, Cinderella," he said as they swayed. "Hey," she said with a chuckle. "I saw your dougie out there, and it was fire." "Thank you, I appreciate it." "No problem." "So..." "Yeah?" "Why are you dancing with me?" "What do you mean?" "Well, more than half of the school is in love with you. Plus, you didn't ask me to go with you." "Well, I didn't ask you because I saw all those other dudes that did, so I just thought you were going to go with one of them. And I've always thought you were cool, plus you look absolutely stunning tonight." "Why thank you, but I literally turned every single one of them down for you." "So, you're saying I should've just asked you out?" "Yes, dummy," she says before they laugh.

She places her head on his chest, causing him to hold her tighter. They just sway to the music, enjoying each other's company for the rest of the night. Cinderella finally got her happily ever after, and she was ecstatic.
—————————————————————hi! i'm in ap gov right now, but i'm not paying an ounce of attention lmao. this was cute and i enjoyed writing it teehee. but highkey, i want my prom fit to look exactly as described. call me black cinderella!! let me stop omg. anyway, have a nice day and stay safe!

- uh idk, joyce <3