dream twenty-two

Locked Up For the Night

She was in a jail cell. Never in a million years would she imagine that happening. If you told her this would happen yesterday, she would've cackled in your face. Yet, here we are.

A couple hours ago, she was bored so she decided to go explore. She drove to a random place and walked around. All of a sudden, she heard sirens coming toward her. She wondered what was going on nearby and was absolutely stunned when the officer stopped near her. She was arrested for trespassing even though she never saw a sign. She just accepted defeat, which resulted in a night in jail.

When they got to the closest station, she was thrown into a cell. She just sighed and looked around, hoping the night wouldn't be too bad. She noticed a boy that looked around her age, and was cute, sitting on the bench in the room. He looked up at her and waved, which she returned. She sat next to him, and they both stared at the ground.

After minutes of silence, he said, "So, what are you in for?" She chuckled before saying, "Trespassing. My smart self decided to go on an adventure and I swear I never saw a 'private property' sign." The look he gave her said, "Really?" She looked up at him and said, "Why are you looking at me like that? I'm being completely honest. Do I look like someone that would do something serious?" "I just wasn't expecting that. I guess I really can't judge a book by its cover," he said laughing.

She smiled at him before saying, "Well, Mr. Tough Guy, what about you?" "I beat someone up," he said nonchalantly. Her eyes widened and she slid away from him on the bench. He laughed and said, "It's not like that. I swear I'm not a menace." "I don't know, man," she said skeptically. "I was out with some friends and I heard this guy saying really disrespectful stuff about women. I wasn't having it and I told him nicely that he should shut up. We exchanged some more words and next thing you know, my fists were flying." "Oh wow. Respect," she said before sliding back to where she was sitting before.

They laughed before he said, "I told you I wasn't a menace." "You were right. Thank you for your service," she said, saluting him. "It's my honor," he said, saluting her back. They laughed and talked for hours before she placed her head on his shoulder, falling asleep. He placed his head on top of hers, and followed suit.

The next morning, he woke up confused. He looked around then smiled when he saw her. He remembered their conversations from earlier and he couldn't wait to talk to her more. He gently shook her awake, and she smiled when she was finally up.

The first words she said were, "Morning, cell buddy." He laughed before replying, "Morning, Sleeping Beauty."  She laughed then gasped, causing him to jump. "What?" He asked in fear. "I just remembered I snuck my phone here! I didn't mean to scare you, my bad." He laughed then said, "It's fine. I did too." They exchanged contact information, then talked all morning.

Sometime in the afternoon, her mom had finally come to pick her up. When an officer came to let her out, she asked to have a moment. The officer walked off, causing them to both get off the bench. They turned to each other and he said, "Well, it was nice sharing a cell with you." "Right back at you. I'll catch you later, cell buddy." He chuckled and said, "I'll catch you later." They dapped each other up, before the officer came back and unlocked the cell. She gave him one last glance and a wave before walking to her mother. She went home, thinking about the eventful, yet pleasant night she just had, and what was coming next.
—————————————————————uhhh hello! this was fun to write and i lowkey got the idea from pinterest haha. i'm in ap gov right now and again, not paying an ounce of attention (no surprise). anyway, i hope you all enjoyed this and i hope you're all doing swell :) have a spectacular day and do your homework!

- a tired mf (i've been sleeping horribly lately LMAO), joyce <3