dream fourteen

She desperately wants to date a musician.

                          Guitar Hero

The concert had just started. The curtains opened and the bright lights shined throughout the venue. She cheered as she saw him on stage, holding his favorite guitar. Her favorite song by the band started to play, causing her to smile. She didn't think they would actually play it first, so it was a pleasant surprise. She makes eye contact with him, resulting in a flashback.

A couple months ago, she decided to go longboarding around her new neighborhood. As she was cruising down the streets, she heard someone playing the guitar. She followed the music in hopes of seeing a cute boy. Eventually, she stops at an open garage.

She looks up to see a boy around her age, playing. He stops when he notices her and says, "Hey." "Hi, nice playing." "Thank you. I've never seen you around before. You live around here?" "Haha yeah, I just moved here a couple days ago." "Cool. Welcome." "Why thank you." They introduce themselves before she says, "So, what are you practising for?" "Well, I'm in a band with my best friends and our first gig is next weekend. I can't disappoint, you know?" "Yo, that's so cool. Where is it? I want to come and support you." "Really?" "Yeah, you're really good and you didn't hear this from me, but you're really freaking cute." "Haha thank you. You're really freaking cute too." "Oh, stop it. Now, give me the time and location." "Alright."

They take out their phones and share numbers. He texts her a picture of the flyer. "Mark my words, we're going to be huge," he says. "I bet you will, and I'll be your number one fan." "I appreciate that." "You better save me front row seats at the Staples Center or Madison Square Garden. Plus, I better go on your world tour with you." "Of course. You'll be my little tour babe." "Shut up," she says, causing them to laugh.

Once they settle down, she checks the time on her phone then says, "Well, I gotta go so I'll be back in time for dinner. I'll see you later, Guitar Hero," she says with a smirk. "Seriously?" "Come on, that was good." "If you call me that, I get to call you 'tour babe'." "Oh gosh no, that is a horrible deal." "Fine, I'll make a better nickname for you." "You better. See ya," she says as she places her board down. "Adios, tour babe." She shakes her head before heading home.

She smiles as she returns to the present. Her heart beats with happiness as she thinks about how far he's come. After their first gig, they had many more and started releasing their own music. Now, their debut album is on the charts, and this concert was the first of their world tour. She made eye contact with him once more, causing him to wink at her. She winked right back at him, then started singing along. She couldn't wait to continue this journey with him, and she was proud of her little Guitar Hero.
—————————————————————
hey! this was aight lmao. uhhh i don't really have anything to say, but i hope you all have a great february and happy black history month!! lots of love <3

- a bored ash mf, joyce <3