dream three, part two

Early Birds

It was four in the morning. She wakes up unexpectedly, but she has a brilliant idea. She texts her boyfriend of two years, "heyyy, are you awake?" A minute later, he texts back saying, "i am now." Then he sends another text saying, "why in the devil's hell are you texting at this time?" "call me," is all she says back. She turns on the LED lights in her room and waits, and sure enough, she gets a facetime call from him.

She picks up and all she hears is a groan and "This better be good." "Sorry, bro. I woke up and I had an idea." "What did your brilliant mind come up with, Mr. Einstein," he says with as much sarcasm as he could. "Damn, someone is snappy when they get woken up. If you want to go back to bed so badly, then go ahead," she says kinda sad. "No, babe. I'm sorry. This was just really unexpected and I value my sleep. What's up?" She gets excited again and says "Why don't we watch the sunrise? It's not too chilly out there and I've always wanted to do this with you." "Alright." She grins then says, "Yay! Meet me on the roof at 6:30. Oh, and don't eat anything." "Alright, love. I'll see you then," and he hangs up.

She jumps out of her bed and runs to the bathroom. She brushes her teeth, takes a shower, then heads back to her room to get dressed. She puts on a random t-shirt, a red, yellow, green and blue color-block hoodie, black sweatpants, white ankle socks and white Authentic Vans. She leaves her braids down, puts on a black beanie and puts her jewelry on. She grabs her wallet, keys, phone and portable speaker, puts them in her hoodie pocket, then heads out of her apartment.

She walks across the street and into the 24-hour donut shop. She buys a dozen of their favorite donuts, then heads back to her apartment complex. She takes the elevator to the top floor, then heads to the staircase to the roof. Once she opens the door to the roof, she sees her boyfriend already sitting on it. He is wearing a black Champion hoodie, black sweatpants, white ankle socks, blue Authentic Vans, a matching blue beanie, and jewelry.

He turns to look at her when the door opens and says, "Oh that's why you said don't eat." "Yup," she says before walking toward him and sitting next to him. She puts the donuts down in front of her, turns to him, places one hand on his cheek, kisses the other cheek, then says, "Good Morning." "Good morning, mamas." She smiles, grabs her phone and speaker, connects them, then starts to play some music. She puts her phone and speaker down, picks up the box of donuts, then offers them to him. He happily takes one and starts eating it, and she does the same. They sit and eat, the only sounds around them being music and birds chirping. Once they finish, she tosses the box to the side, then places her head on his shoulder, which causes him to wrap his arm around her shoulder. They sat peacefully, watching the sun rise and the day begin.
—————————————————————this was short and sweet (just like me, minus the sweet part haha). man, i also really want to do this. i hate being single and young, can't do jack smh. but i hope you enjoyed this haha. have a good day and eat some food!

- your favorite fun-sized person, joyce <3 (let me stop making fun of myself lmaoo)