dream thirty-four

Sad Days Suck

It was Saturday afternoon. She was doing absolutely nothing when she got a call from her boyfriend.

She immediately picked up and said, "Hey, what's up?" "Could you come over?" "Right now?" "Preferably." "Um yeah, probably. Let me ask my mom." She muted herself, then went downstairs to ask. Her mom agreed to drop her off, so she went back to her room, unmuted herself, then said, "My mom said yeah, so I'll be there in twenty." "Alright, bye," he said before hanging up. He never ended calls like that, but she brushed it off.

She got ready, grabbed her things, then left for her boyfriend's house. When she arrived, she rang the doorbell and his mom opened the door. "Hello, he's in his room." "Hi, thank you," she said as she was let in. She went upstairs and opened his door.

She walked in, closed the door and took her shoes off. "Hey," she said softly. She looked up to see a lump covered by a blanket sitting on his bed. He looked at her and responded, "Hey." She sat next to him then asked, "Are you alright?" "Nope." "Well, do you want to talk about it or do you want to do something?" "Can you just hold me?" "Of course."

He unwrapped the blanket around him and she went inside it. She placed her arm around his shoulder, which caused him to curl into her and cry. They sat there for a while. He cried into her as soft music played in the background. Eventually, the crying stopped and he wasn't moving much. She looked at him and said, "Hey, bub. Are you asleep?" The silence that she got in response answered her question.

She had nothing else to do, so she fell asleep as well. A couple hours later, she woke up. "Hi," he whispered. "Hi. Are you feeling okay?" She said softly. "Could be better." "How long have you been up?" "About an hour. I've just been staring at the wall, thinking." "Do you want to talk?"

He talked for a while, explaining how he was feeling and what made him feel that way. She listened to every word he said, glad that he trusted her enough to confide in her the way he was. They talked for a bit once he finished, and he decided that he just wanted to watch some movies. They watched his favorite movies on the TV in his room. She spent the rest of the day glad that he came to her, and he spent the rest of the day glad that he had her.
—————————————————————hey besties! i wrote this almost a month ago haha but i hope you enjoyed this! i'm currently in ap gov and all i've been doing is walking around my house and eating LMAO. i shouldn't be in online school but i'd prefer to never step into my school again :) anyway, i hope you all have an awesome day and drink lots of water!

- a bored ash mf, joyce (i hate ap gov)