dream seven, part two

The Moonlight Lullaby

It's been a long day and she finally emerges from her office. She had a huge program to finish, so she decided to lock herself in her office with food and she couldn't leave until she finished. She sat and coded for hours, her only thoughts being variables, functions, for and while loops. She hasn't had any human contact, and she was excited to see her boyfriend.

She shuts her computers down, turns off her LED lights, grabs her phone, then heads out of her office. She feels the change of temperature from her office and the rest of the apartment, so she walks to the living room and wraps a throw blanket, that she found on the couch, around her. She turns around and walks quietly down the hallway toward their shared bedroom.

She gently opens the door and smiles at the scene in front of her. Her boyfriend sat with his back turned to her, so he didn't notice her. The huge windows in front of her show the beautiful full moon, providing the only light in the room. The sound of rain falling surrounds them, giving her peace. Her eyes settle on her boyfriend, and she smiles at what she sees. He is sitting there, staring at the window. He is wearing a random oversized tee and gray sweatpants. He is also holding his acoustic guitar, which makes her heart happy. She always loves seeing him with his favorite instrument, knowing that's when he's in his happiest state.

He finally notices her stare, and turns around to look at her. He smiles at her then says, "Oh, you're done." Then he looks her up and down, chuckles, then says, "And, you're cozy." She rolls her eyes then says, "You know I like to be comfy when I code. Plus, it's like ten times colder out here than my office." "Yeah, 'cause you're crazy and keep that room hotter than hell itself." "Shut up. It's warm and cozy. I like it that way, which is what matters." "Yeah, yeah. Whatever," he says before his face lights up. "Anyway, do you want to hear what I've been working on?" She smiles brightly at him then replies, "I would love to." "Well, this one's for you," he says before he starts playing.

She stands bundled up in the doorway, looking at him in awe as he plays. A beautiful song comes from his guitar and his lips, making them both as happy as humanly possible. For the rest of the night, he plays the guitar and they sing many songs together. Nights like this make memories that last forever in their mind.
—————————————————————-if i'm going to be completely honest with y'all, i don't really like the ending. but this is cute haha. i hope you enjoyed these rainy day scenarios! the next one is pretty lengthy ngl, so enjoy that too! have a good day and eat some fruit!

- a rain and fruit obsessed homie, joyce <3