Chapter 28: The War and Energy

United States District of Columbia. The White House. Two months since the initial world transfer.

The president is currently sitting in the oval office, his usual place of work. Right now, he is talking and listening to his advisers regarding the war in the three peninsula's. The main topic is currently centered around the mobilization of supplies, war machines, and men on the front lines. "Mr president, army deployment in the region will be longer than initially expected. The logistics problems and the underdeveloped infrastructure is slowing down deployment in the region." The person who just spoke is the chairman of joint chief's of staff Robert E. Langley. He worked for the current and past administration for at least seven years now. He has served the current commander in chief for nearly two years now. However, the scale of this war is much bigger than anything he has handled before. He continues giving his report on the deployment situation. "Right now, most of our manpower and supplies are being funneled from the west coast through Hawaii and Guam at the moment. Strike group carriers from American Samoa, Hawaii, and Guam are also being deployed to aid in the war effort. Enemy navies in the area are trying to cut off the channel between the Flenning and the northern point of Astra. A carrier strike group is expected to arrive and secure the channel in a matter of hours. The fleet is not that big to begin with, so it should not pose much of a problem. However, the main problem lies in the deployment in land troops Mr president. We are expecting delays up to a week in full mobilization."

The president stops him for a moment. "Is there any way to speed it up? What is causing the slowdown? Did we not know that the enemy was going to attack soon from surveillance and intelligence services?" The president did not like to hear about this delay. Especially since the war will continue to create more refugees that may require more U.S. intervention and aid in the region. Because only god knows what kind of support systems those three peninsula's have to aid their own refugees. Hell, the U.S. can barely take care of its own people when large natural disasters hit. But even more so, if the U.S. has problems, the three peninsula's will undoubtedly have less in place to help them. To create less of a mess, the president wants to take care of this conflict with the least amount of damage as possible. However, this delay is a problem. The president further inquired. "What of our marine divisions that were deployed in the region? Have they been able to stop the enemy advance?" With limited support, marines were sent out to the front lines to secure positions and prevent the advance of enemy soldiers to buy time for the ground army to advance eastward in the peninsula's. Given the enemy's firepower and capabilities, it was deemed that the marines could pretty much halt enemy advances if done correctly. However, the president has heard some troubling reports.

"Our marines have been able to secure their initial positions, however many platoons have encountered refugees that have been fleeing from the borders in all three peninsula's. Many of them are in need of care and protection. This is tying down their advance significantly. In order to stop the advance of the enemy armies, we suggest that we mandate marines to move onto their next position and wait for the army to secure their positions." The president contemplated. "This would mean leaving them on their own for nearly a week you know. How many people would die if we did that?" The chairman responded. "Its likely that some may die before our reinforcing army comes to secure them, however many more will die if we don't advance our marines positions. There are many nearby towns that still have thousands of refugees fleeing the conflict. Our marines can prevent further casualties if we tell them to advance quickly to meet up with their other platoons. The president contemplated again for the thousandth time in the oval office chair. "Tell the marines that securing their positions is of top priority. They can provide some medical care when necessary, but they must move on to finish their mission. What else is there?"

The chairman continued. "We have noticed that the enemy kingdoms have an air force, quite a large one in fact. With thousands of these creatures known as "Wyverns" being used in the battlefield, they are helping the enemy advance their positions along the borders in the three peninsula's. With very little air defense, our allies are pretty much useless in fending off these Wyverns." The president asks "Will these guys be a problem for us chairman?" The chairman grins. "No Mr president. Although they number in the thousands, they are vastly inferior to our air force being deployed in the field. We expect total control of the airspace within days Mr President. With this, our marine positions are secured."