Chapter 11: Rebellion

Prime Minister Gerald was walking briskly towards King Charles work room. Most of his time is spent working in that room, and prime minister Gerald was no exception. However today, he had to put together a rough report that concerned the integrity of the kingdom itself.

"Damn it all, why is one problem appearing after another. This is madness" Gerald thought to himself. Gerald entered the workroom.

"Your majesty! I have an urgent report for you that you must see immediately."

However, Gerald was surprised that Jeffery Koch, America's ambassador was already in the room with his majesty. "Why is he here?" Gerald thought.

"Oh, hand it over then." His majesty replied.

Gerald handed over the report that he has been working on for the entire night. Compiling various reports from different soldiers and messages sent from all over the kingdom. It was a troubling task on its own. Putting it all down onto a report was very difficult.

However, his majesty said something he didn't expect.

"Gerald, Jeffery here has already given me the details of the rebellion in progress. He wants me and the U.S to work together to resolve this issue."

"What!?" Gerald thought internally. How did the U.S get this information faster than me? Did they bribe some guards perhaps? Or do they already have people in the kingdom conducting surveillance?

However, his thoughts were immediately dismissed when he saw vivid images of the topography of the kingdom. It showed important settlements and key strongholds throughout the kingdom.

"Prime minister, I think you should take a look at these." Jeffery said. Gerald looked closer and saw the image. Troop movement and settlements could be seen. There was one huge settlement which had tents and encampments surrounding it. Is this real? How did they...

Gerald was lost for words. Such vivid information was hard to come by. Reports could only be made through the description of guards that might vary. In addition, it could take days for that type of intelligence to come here. And the intelligence received might not even be good or useful. "Just how did the U.S even obtain these images?" Gerald thought.

"When were these images taken ambassador?" Gerald was delighted that these images were available. However he was still flabbergasted by the United States prowess at obtaining information. Its not even their kingdom!

"These were obtained as of two days ago. We have been looking at a variety of areas, however this settlement has received most of our concern. It seems to be under siege." Ambassador Jeffery elaborated.

Gerald looked at the settlement and couldn't instantly recognize it, however using what he knows, the city must be far away since he hasn't received any messages of a siege. A city popped up and he was horrified. It was the cultivation school for magic!

"This can't be.... The western region has the audacity to attack the school of cultivation!" Gerald screamed. His majesty also nodded his head, seemingly knowing the situation already.

The school of cultivation is positioned almost directly between the western region capital and the eastern royal capital since the city of cultivation could easily dispatch people to either city quickly if necessary. In addition, it was useful for recruiting people if they are in the center of the kingdom. However, it has been a contention of power struggles between the western and eastern regions, and thus the two sides are constantly trying to place people of power from their sides in the city.

However, it seems the western region is going to try and cut off the school to the eastern region by force to prevent them from leaving.

"The U.S has been monitoring the situation for a couple of days now, however it seems like the siege has just started. Prime minister, do you know how long sieges typically last?"