-2-

Odious

The green drapes surrounding me in bed that night provided no such privacy as I was used to

All I knew was being shut away from the outside world and now I was lying less than 3 meters from a fellow slytherin.

Thank fuck I wasn't in a dorm with my sister and her nasty little friends. In fact I was sharing with Ophelia Burke and Willow Travers. Both names I had heard mentioned by my family.

There was a murky green glow that illuminated the dorm room floor, from the black lake, and the jade curtains of my four poster were doing little to shade me from the vexing luminesce.

My bare feet were pricked by the cold stone steps as I made my way down to the common room. The fire was still ablaze and giving off a greenish lustre to the dim, dreary room.

Sat by the cozy flames were 3 boys. Their features illuminated by the flickering light. Shadows danced on the walls and their conversation echoed off the flagstone.

White blonde hair and prominent jawline. His crisp school shirt stretched over his broad shoulders.

One dark skinned with defined features, a bottle of fire whiskey in his firm grasp.

And one with dusty brown curls, a strong chest and visible beaters physique.

"You coming for a drink, Emerald?" A deep and smug voice spoke, not even looking away from the fire as I made my way over to the jug of water on the side.

"Excuse me?" I replied sharply.

No of course I didn't want to sit and get drunk with them my first night at my new school. I didn't even know their names.

"Ooohh, not very friendly," the blonde said under is breath. The boys on either side of him gave a light chuckle.

Ignoring his insufferable sense of humour, I poured myself a glass of water, before heading for the staircase again.

I couldn't sleep, all I wanted to do was sit by the fire. One of the only familiar aspects of this hellhole. However I refused to stay if they were there and they didn't look as though they would be moving anytime soon.

Part of me wanted to join them. The part of me deprived of childhood friendship and real conversation.
But the conflicted part of me knew; knew they were just 3 rich slytherin boys who believed they were above the entire school, considering the blood that ran through their veins.

                                             ••••

My first lesson was potions. Something I was quite confident in. In fact the only positive to come out of being trapped in my room for a huge chunk of my childhood, meant that I was very advanced in potions and spells.