-35-

Soz for late update guys but I wanted this chap to be perfect so excuse how late it is plz😩
Also hope u all enjoy.
Ps. Would Defos recommend listening to nearly any song from Olivia Rodrigos new album while reading this✌🏼✌🏼
I'm sorry In advance.

What a lie

It was late and I was waiting up in the common room for Malfoy to return

It was late and I was waiting up in the common room for Malfoy to return. I hadn't seen him all weekend and I wanted to know how his birthday had been. His time at home was not always pleasant and wanted to make sure he was okay.

I heard the door slam, I stood up from my seat on the steps and went to see if it was him. It was. But there was something different, something off about him. A certain glint of redness in his eyes, a crease of uncertainty across his sticky brow.

Without saying anything, I glanced him over before hugging him tightly, the smell of smoke still on his lips. I had missed that secure feeling I got from being in his arms. However this time I couldn't feel it. He didn't hug me back. He only stood there cold and empty, like a hollow shell of a boy. As though all his emotions inside had slowly seeped out until there was nothing left.

Stepping back to face him, I noticed his face, sullen and sunken into his bones, his eyes heavy and tired. His blonde hair ruffled, uncombed from the night before and his clothes smelt sinister. A smell I was too familiar with yet couldn't place at all.

"Malfoy." I spoke slowly, now realising the extent of it all. It was then I began to internally scream. It was then I saw the purple marks around his neck. Deep, dark bruises attempted to be concealed by his black turtle neck sweater. An attire unsuited to the new summer weather.

"Your neck." I mumbled, reaching for it. He stepped back.

"It's not what you think." Draco said coldly, clearing his throat before he spoke.

There was a silence for a moment. An uncomfortable silence that seemed to hold us in the common room, consuming us, hanging around us like heavy summer clouds.

"I don't want to see you anymore Emerald."

His words were so unexpected they completely knocked the air from inside my lungs.

There it was again, that sinking feeling I was all too familiar with. A solid stone dropping to the bottom of a murky pond, heavy, grey.

My eyes widened. I felt as though I had been struck down, like a axe strikes a trunk. Harsh and unforgiving. It's sharp blades hacking away at the once strong and stable timber that was now weak and falling.

"What?" My words a mere breath in the confusion of it all. I could feel my heart twisting in his cold hands.

This couldn't be happening.

"You were just a convenience. Nothing more." The blonde said as a statement. He was staring directly in front of him, his eyes burning into the wall behind me. This boy couldn't even look me in the eye.