-43-

Authors note:
Hi guys I'm so sorry for the late update.
It's just been one of those weeks and I've been a bit down but we move.
Hope you all enjoy and please remember to comment and VOTE!
Would 100% recommend listening to champagne problems by Taylor swift during this chap, you can find my Lyra and Draco playlist on my Spotify- honorcxx
Lots of love xxx

Unforgivable

-Lyra Emerald-Malfoy Manor felt grey and gloomy when I pushed open the doors

-Lyra Emerald-
Malfoy Manor felt grey and gloomy when I pushed open the doors. It had not changed much since the time I was last here, perhaps it had even grown darker.

My heels made a noise on the flagstone over the quiet chit-chat, as I walked in. There was little conversation as many people stood in the hallway, murmuring slightly and wiping their dry eyes. I could not believe how many people were here. PPA members, death eaters, Pureblood family associates. I also saw my grandparents that had travelled down from Scotland for my sisters funeral. They had not seen me in years, and doubt they would ever want to again. I had always been a disappointment to them.

I thought to myself, as I watched the congregation of people before me, how much Astra would've hated this. She loved to be the centre of attention, the lead role. She loved things that were expensive and bright. But everyone was grey and tired with heavy heads and empty hearts. Her life was not being celebrated, and she was far from the main topic of conversation: there was a war looming, and the drums were subsequently growing louder.

Just standing in the hallway, waiting to enter the grand hall for the service, I felt as though I was fading away into the grey setting of it all. Why was I even here, commemorating a life that tortured mine. She was my sister, but hardly.

Fabian approached me, his face like a skeleton, his black tie hanging loosely from his neck. He had changed so much in the last two weeks. His features diminished by sleepless nights, his bottomless eyes holding nothing but tiredness and stress. My heart sunk with a solid stone.

"Fabian..." I greeted him, but I felt guilty. He knew I hadn't been working on the cabinet with him, and I knew that was the reason he was so perished. I had no scape on my priorities. And I had neglected my Death Eater duties during my time at Emerald House. Everything seemed to change when Astra died. Suddenly there was so much stuff to do, too much family around. My death eater business had almost been put on hold. And Fabian had been forced to pick up my slack.

"Emerald." His breath like fire whiskey and stale smoke all in one.

"When are you coming back to school?"

I didn't know when, I didn't know if I wanted to, if I could. Everything was different now. I wouldn't be known as the opinionated Slytherin, whose parents didn't want her. I was the girl who's sister had died so unexpectedly and inexplicably no one could understand. It was almost too suspicious.