-39-

No going back now

-Lyra Emerald-I was disgusted, I couldn't even recognise the person I saw before me as I gently ran my fingers down the reflection of the mirror

-Lyra Emerald-
I was disgusted, I couldn't even recognise the person I saw before me as I gently ran my fingers down the reflection of the mirror.

My hair was wild, unkept, tangled. My eyes black, empty. How had I let myself go so badly, how had I allowd that boy this kind of hold on me.

And for him to say he missed who I was. Who I was? What about who he was. He had changed too, and there was no doubt about it.

I stared at the reflection of my empty, sleepless eyes, they held nothing. Not a glimmer of hope or a sign or anger. Nothing.

I quickly put the mirror down and the compartment door opened, Fabian stepping inside. The train seemed quiet, neglected almost. There was not the same buzz of excited students or laughter running through the corridors as there was last year.

"Everyone else is sitting in the next carriage up...I cant face them, not today." The raven haired boy mumbled as he lifted his trunk onto the rack above and took the seat across from me.

We didn't talk much for the rest of the journey. I started out the window as meaningless fields rolled by. The sky was blurred with endless blues, but I didn't consider appreciating the Scottish countryside that wizzed by. It was all a blur to me as I gazed through the glass, zoned out and swaying slightly with the movement of the train.

"Don't even try and convince me it's for the best!" A familiar voice screamed, slightly muffled, just outside our carriage.

I heard Malfoy try and hush a frantic Astra as they stood in the corridor of the train carriage. "Would you not be so fucking loud, you bitch."

"Don't you even try me Draco, you've hardly said a word to me for weeks and the you show up with this." My sister whispered loudly, angrily. They were right outside of carriage now but our shutter was down, they couldn't see inside.

Fabian and I glanced at each other, a confused look spread across my features, but he shied his eyes away, adverting his gaze. He obviously knew something I didn't.

"And this...." I heard something soft hit the ground, a bag? Astra's voice was heavy with exasperation, a tone I had heard her use many times. "Your need to find another crutch, because that's going to be the death of you." She finished, before storming off down the train.

Once we had arrived at the school, I noticed it was different, cold. The castle seemed darker and the corridors colder. Willow was excited to see me, Taurus also. But Ophelia seemed more weary. I hadn't written to them all summer and was surprised by their friendliness. But they knew something was wrong. I was tired and drained and a mess. Too much of a mess to go unnoticed.

•••

The stars were bright tonight. I had missed the stars, neglected their importance to me. It was quiet up at the Astronomy tower, I had to be somewhere quiet. The noise of the hall and the buisiness of the school was too much, and the strictness of it was too intense. I was used to being the one in charge, I was the superior. I wasn't a child, and here, I was already fed up of being treated like one.