-10-

Inexplicable

Inexplicable

Over the next couple of weeks, I hardly saw Malfoy. He only occasionally showed his face at meal times and when he was in class, rarely, he didn't speak a word to me. In fact he didn't even look at me. However I had been doing my best to avoid him also.

I had been feeling so withdrawn in the past few days and sometimes I felt as though I wasn't even present, as if I was watching everything occur before me, but I wasn't truly there.

Recently I had become subject to a lot of animosity from the Slytherin girls. Not Willow and Ophelia of course, I'm not sure of the rumours my sister was spreading, but they were certainly amounting to a lot of hostility from the other green tied girls.

"So did you go and hand in that extra essay Snape set you?"

"Hmm?" With My attention still not completely on Ophelia's question I looked down at my parchment. Without even realising I had written my name four times.

Snape had set me extra work after the little 'incident' and I was so behind on my initial class work already it had completely slipped my mind.

"Shit," I sat up. The realisation finally hitting me as I finally snapped out the haze I had been captivated in the past week.

"Well. Your fucked." Fabian bluntly stated from his position on the sofa behind me, his eyes not even lifting from the page he was on.

My mounds of unfinished homework and assignments were sprawled out on the common room floor infront of me, while the others finished off their work on the sofas calmly. Clearly more organised than I was.

This wasn't really like me.

Usually I was prepared when it came to school, but the past while I have been so distracted and I'm not even sure what by.

"Piss off Carrow," I moaned, rummaging through my pile of parchments and books like a madman, looking for my semi-started essay for Snape .

After scribbling down some random shit about healing potions I found in one of Elios books, I was swiftly out the common room.

Deeper into the dungeons I sprinted, as I turned the corner, my messy, ink-splodged parchment in hand, I was abruptly stopped by a muscular shoulder and a sadistic glare.

"What the fuck Emerald." Malfoy's voice snapped. Not even looking me in the eye, he straightened his tie and began pacing again. Me, still stumbling backwards and trying to comprehend what had just happened shouted,
"Maybe next time you should watch where you're going, you insufferable twat".

"Excuse me." This time did look at me. Straight in the eye, so sharply in surprised I didn't turn to stone.

"You heard me. Maybe you should watch where you're fucking going. And why are you in such a rush, what? are they giving away free pigmentation in the Great Hall."