-5-

Acceptance

A week had gone by since my converse with Malfoy

A week had gone by since my converse with Malfoy. He had nothing but rude things to say to me in charms and found pleasure in trying to embarrass me infront the entire class in potions. In a drastically rubbish way of impressing my sister I presumed.

Over the past week I found more friendship in Willow and Ophelia, our late night talks in the dorm and our story sharing had brought us closer together. Ophelia and Willow did also enjoy a girly gossip about boys; who they thought was the best looking or who they had a crush on. I however was yet to truly involve myself in those particular discussions.

It felt odd however. For the first time in my life I could say I had friends. People I could confide in, people I could trust and laugh with.

Maybe it was just my thirst for friendship, but I did find myself drifting closer to the girls everyday.

I knew I was cold. I found myself to have far more confidence in my own witty words than was wise. My endless days of isolation and loneliness had morphed me into a sharp and frank individual, with little empathy and a likening for my own company.

"This is Gaunt" Willow introduced me to the fair haired, tall boy, as we sat by the common room fire with her and Ophelia's other friends.

"Taurus Gaunt, you can just call me Taurus" the bulky boy signed, making himself more comfortable on the leather sofa and rolling his eyes at Willows formalities.

"Lovely to meet you" I smiled, leaning over from my seat on the floor to shake the hand he lazily stretched out to me.

He was a beater on the Slytherin Quidditch team and a good one at that I had heard. His broad muscular shoulders and huge hands made Elio, who was sat beside him, look almost tiny.

"And I'm Elio" the brunette mumbled, sending me an apprehensive smiled and he picked away at his nails nervously.

"I know. We've been sitting next to each other in charms for a week" I stated bluntly, furrowing my brows at the boy, earning myself a laugh from the other boys around me.

"You must forgive him, Emerald, he's a bit haphazard, is our Elio." The raven haired boy on the couch behind me laughed, a humorous element to his tone but an underlying hint of mockery too.

Slowly turning my head to face him I raised my eyebrows suggestingly, wordlessly telling him to introduce himself.

"I'm Fabian Carrow", his rugged looking fingers running through his glossy jet black hair as he spoke.

Carrow.

That name rung a diffinate bell that I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Everyone here's names seemed to ring a bell to be honest. Most likely just another Pureblood family that we had entertained at the manor one summer or dined with in the atrium.