-21-

Authors note: hi all, this is a bit of a chunky chapter so enjoy!!
Please VOTE and comment💚💚

Rebuttal

-Lyra Emerald-

-Lyra Emerald-

"Malfoy I'm really not sure about this." I groaned, taking a swig out of his hip flask before handing it back to him, as he opened the door to the room of requirement, revealing a buzzing, smokey atmosphere inside.

My eyes flitted from the dance floor, filled with hazy smoke and electric green strobe lights, to the black leather lounge sofas in the corner, where Theo was sat, a large drink in his hand and Daphne on his lap, to the DJ booth where Zabini was seemingly enjoying himself and then to the Raven haired witch who was fast approaching us, a vexed expression on her angry, pointed little face.

"Malfoy...Glad you could make it." She spoke sharply, her sickly sweet words turning sour as her disdained gaze fell on myself.

"What the fuck is she doing here." Pansy spat, looking me up and down unfavourably as if I was the most unpleasant sight she had ever had the misfortune to lay her deep brown eyes upon.

"I invited her. She's my plus one." Malfoy replied coldly, wrapping his large arm around my waist possessively. This made the Raven haired witch infront of us almost choke on the air she was breathing.

I shouldn't have come here. I knew it was a mistake as soon as I opened the door. Nothing good ever came from involving yourself with this snowy blonde wizard and I was surely no exception. Malfoy and I were always on such unfamiliar terms. Slowly letting down walls, kissing one minute, then not speaking at all the next.

"We don't do plus ones." Her words her blunt and extremely pompous, much liked her narcissistic persona. Parkinson looked externally disgruntled as Malfoy proceeded to prove my presence. 

"Then she's not my plus one." Malfoy glanced at me, that familiar wickedly confident smirk growing on his pale features.

"Then She can't come in." Pansys words were growing more agitated as we stood in the cold hall way.

"Parkinson, my family founded the PPA. And if I say she can come in, she can come in." Malfoy's tone remained calm, matching his exterior while the annoyed witch infront of us grew angrier by the minute.

"She can't come in." Pansy shouted, stomping her little high heels on the flagstone and clenching her fists frustratedly, taking both of us by surprise.

"Calm down Parkinson....the party is for the sons and daughters of the PPA, and I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Emerald is actually the daughter of Eros Emerald, so she is legitimately already a member." Malfoy drawled, talking down to Pansy as is she was a young, incompetent child. 

"So fuck off." He took a step forward, proudly spitting his sharp words in the angry witches face, before grabbing my arm, pushing past Pansy and heading for the entrance.