-24-

Hi everyone, sorry for the late update, things have been hectic but hope you all enjoy this one!
Thank u sm for 21k and stay tuned as it going to get more exciting from here on in!!!💚💚💚

Shit

The bright blues of early spring melted into the sky, dispersing the dull grey that had been lulling above the castle for months

The bright blues of early spring melted into the sky, dispersing the dull grey that had been lulling above the castle for months. Yet there was still a chill in the air. The sun had not yet arrived.
Classes dragged on and yet they seemed to matter less and less as my attention was diverted to other, more serious issues that were looming.

A few more Death Eater meets has adjured, some of which I had not attended. I would do anything to make an excuse not to go, especially ones I knew Malfoy wasn't at. I couldn't do them without him there. Little or no progress was being made, and this angered the Dark Lord immensely. When I was forced to attend, all I would do was sit at the table, in Malfoy Manor and Emerald House, one was even held at the Carrows residence, and stay silent. Malfoy loitered around the room and Fabian continued being the Dark Lords errand boy, yet Astra was no where to be seen. My parents had kept her out of the Dark Lords reach, reminding me of their love and devotion for their preferred child. And they would do anything to keep her safe. Even if that meant sacrificing their other daughter in the process.

I was drowning in worry, yet I couldn't crack. Not now. And if I felt suffocated now, I would be smothered by the the time this dark moon had fully risen.

Rumours were spreading like the plague, gossip and speculation of the Dark Lords return was circulating and Slytherin house was at the brunt of it all.

Fabian had been ignoring me all since the first meeting. He avoided me at all costs, always having things to take care of or convenient homework to finish when Taurus and I asked him to hang out. Which was futile as the moody boy never did his homework. Ever.
He was always 'out', or missing classes, and he had been spending an odd amount of time in the library with that Granger girl, although I remember him mentioning they were partners for a potions project. Potions seemed to be the only class he was ever actually submitting work for.

It was all Death Eater business I supposed, but nothing I had any knowledge of. Something was bugging him, and I had to find out what.

Willow had also been oddly absent, yet I couldn't blame her, as Daphne and Astra were doing their upmost to make her life a living hell.

I pushed the thoughts of the Death Eater meetings and the Dark Lords words to the back of my mind. Filing them away with the distorted memories of my perturbed youth, and the nasty images of my time spent away from home. Although I'm not sure one could say I ever felt at home at Emerald House.

Malfoy and I hadn't seen each other much, yet my stomach would flip and a small smile would creep upon my face every time I stumbled across him tucked away in the astronomy tower reading, or accidentally found him by the shoreline skimming stones in the moonlight. I liked it how my special place of sanctuary was now his, and his mine.