-15-

Authors note:
Hope everyone enjoys this chapter. Switching things up a bit, so it is from Malfoy's perspective. This is so we have an insight into the conflicted emotions both the characters are feeling.
Really really hope you all enjoy and please vote & comment. I love hearing all your opinions and reactions!!💚

Denial

-Draco Malfoy-

-Draco Malfoy-

Control.

Control was the only thing I yearned for. Longed for. Needed. And right now I didn't have it. And I didn't like it.

What the fuck was I thinking.

"Shit" I exclaimed between breaths, panting for air as I ran up the lawn towards the house, frantically loosening my tie as I did so. I couldn't breathe. The garden was completely dark, no flickering candles or warm hand to hold such as previous, just the cold moon mocking me from its smug position in the navy sky.

Emerald and I weren't suited. We weren't even friends. And I didn't like how every time those grassy eyes met mine, my unsympathetic exterior melted away slightly. Loosening my tie even more, I desperately rubbed at my neck in a furious attempt to get some air, I glanced around anxiously, fearful someone would see me. I didn't like the way she made me feel. Feeling was too dangerous. It made me too vulnerable.

Confused and unhinged, I looked back towards the dark woodland. Guilt washing over me, while the events of the last 20 minutes replayed and replayed on my conflicted conscience.

Selfishly, yet not uncharacteristically, I ran, left, leaving her standing there, cold, confused, alone. All I wanted to do was run back, hug her, run my fingers through her perfectly tousled, chaotic curls.

No. I shook my head. I had Astra waiting for me in my room and I wasn't about to miss a good opportunity. Besides Emerald was young, feisty, fun to toy with. And being a selfish, egotistical arsehole was something I was known for, I had to remind myself.

Yet tonight was different. When she found me on the balcony I felt so comforted. In fact the only time I felt comforted in this shitty, grey world of mine was when I was with her. She felt intimate, even when we were meters apart.
Her dainty fingers entwining with mine, was wrong, disgusting, against everything I stood for. Yet brought me a sense of peace that I longed for, but wouldn't admit.

I was ashamed, disgusted with myself at the thought of even going on a walk with her, let alone kissing her in the wardrobe. But when she was close, when her emerald eyes melted infront of me, my heart rate raised and my breath hitched. Pathetic.

"Fuck". I cursed, hoisting myself up and grabbing onto the windowsill to pull myself through the half open window. The noise from the party was now nothing more than a light buzz on the wind and the soft playing of a harp told me the evening was coming to an end.