-34-

Authors note:
Sorry for the late update guys! I'll get better I promise.
Also HAPPY PRIDE MONTH TO ALL MY FELLOW LGBTQI+ MEMBERS 🏳️‍🌈
Stay safe and remember tor drink water, love u all💘💘💘

Thicker than water

The term dragged on and the end of our 5th year was growing nearer

The term dragged on and the end of our 5th year was growing nearer. This frightened me to an extent; we were no longer shielded by the safety of the castle walls and Emerald manor, although embellished in similar green details, was no where near as homely and welcoming as the Slytherin common room.

It was a warm afternoon, almost three weeks since the disappearance of the diadem. We had given up the search. And with no knowledge of its purpose or necessity, we had almost forgotten about the dainty tiara.

Malfoy and I were sitting outside on the Quidditch stands, my head rested on his lap as I lay along the bench. Willow and Theo were with us, murmuring softly to each other as Willow painted the brunette boys nails.

It was hot and the air smelt sweetly of the beginning of summer. A long summer to spend with Draco.

"You should all come and spend some of the summer with us at the Manor." Malfoy sighed as his gentle fingers ran through my messy, frizzy hair.

Theo coughed awkwardly and we were reminded of their current situation. Yes, Malfoy's parents wouldn't approve of me, but Nott was engaged. In fact the entire reason we were sat in the empty stands and not in the sunny courtyard with everyone else was just that; both our relationships were forbidden, Theo and Willows almost criminal.

I liked the thought of it however. Long, lazy afternoons in the garden and mild evenings on the balcony. Lucius would have a fit, he hated me, probably more than my own father detested his unruly, disobedient daughter. Because I wasn't just a shame to the Emerald name, but to all Pureblood families alike.

A stolen summer we could never have. But that was the thrill of it all, the subtle glances, hidden kisses, the secrets that we could never share.

I rolled my head to the side to watch Theo and Wills, they were so beautiful together. So natural. A blend of honey and sunshine and dark oak. Yet a wedding was planned for August, and only one of them would return to school wed.

"What happened to you?" Theo scoffed as Hermione and Fabian climbed up the stands towards us, the raven haired boy had a large purple bruise forming on his cheek.

Fabian looked woefully towards Granger before rolling his swollen eyes.
"That ginger prick." He coughed, taking a seat behind Theo and Willow.

"Fist full of Weasley." Malfoy smirked, laughing to himself, which earned him a stern look from Carrow.

"Should've thought about that before stealing his girl." Theo added, exchanging a humerus glance with Draco, before blowing gently on his left hand to dry the polish, by Willows instruction.