-31-

Hi all, just making everyone aware that it is mental health month and remember to check up on ur friends and family as you never know who is struggling.
My dms are always open to anyone so feel free to message me anytime💚💚
Always

Soon, the sun had set, and it was time to watch a countryside cloaked by darkness

Soon, the sun had set, and it was time to watch a countryside cloaked by darkness. We had been given a pair of night-vision goggles, but with only one pair I was growing more and more tired with nothing to do.

My head was rested on Dracos shoulder, comfortable and safe. I liked it like this; when we were close, touching.

The tress rustled in the wind behind us, causing the blonde beside me to flinch, quickly turning around anxiously.

"Scaredy cat." I teased with a sigh. Many nights I had spent in the woods alone, I wasn't scared. Not that I cared to admit anyway.

"I'm not scared. I'm not scared of anything." He stated, rather unconvincingly as he turned back around, trying to look unfazed while fixing his messy hair.

"Well that's not true." My drawling words sounded dubious in the night air as they were followed by a scoff.

He frowned, his pale skin glowing slightly in the simi darkness. He was different now, in the faded light, still and warm from the sun on his body, emitting a comforting heat as I rested my heavy head on his shoulder. He was always cold, yet not tonight. He was warm, and I needed him to be.

"I get scared sometimes. It's okay to be afraid."
My words were carried through the night on the gentle breeze that ruffled my unruly curls.

I was drowning in the depths of my aloneness yet Malfoy seemed to be the only one able to drag me to the shallows. Take me to calmer waters; where the tide still roared and the waves still crashed yet it was reassuring, not safe, but secure enough. For in our shallows the diamonds still tried to drown us, yet we were each other's life rafts, keeping one another afloat.

"I feel more afraid than ever Lyra."

There it was again, my name. My real name rolling off his tongue. Effortlessly forming on his lips. There was something mesmerising about the way he said it. It made me feel alive.

"Because now I have something to loose." He continued, his voice breaking slightly at his soft words, as though he was surprised at himself that they slipped out.

"Me too." I sighed.

He had something to loose, and so did I; each other. This tragic ending we were both headed for was inevitable, all we could do was pray it didn't come as quickly as it was forecast.

My eyelids grew heavy and the summers night air held me softly as I closed my lids. My head filled with the thoughts of Malfoy and I, after the war, who we would be, would we still want to know one another? This dark moon rising would soon show where each of our loyalties lay. It would reveal how deep rooted Draco's Pureblood ideologies were, and prove wither or not he was just a bad product of a negative environment or the true villain most thought he was.