it'll _____ end.

And that night.

That night.

Would burn in the minds of all of the Kennedy's forever.

Hattie managed to get Kit some relive after almost two hours of Jackie Kennedy holding and rocking her daughter. She would fall asleep soon after and it seemed like the worst was over.

Both parents headed to bed, Hattie left, and finally, the White House slept.

Keep word, slept.

Kit Kennedy laid in bed, feeling paralyzed. Once again feeling like she had years ago when her first attack struck her body. It didn't make sense to her, she couldn't move anything. She whispered to herself, making sure she wasn't dreaming or anything, and when words came out, so did screams, specifically to her mother.

Clipper jumped into action quickly as Kit began to scream.

And of course, at the remote yell and alert to her, Jackie Kennedy was up and running in two seconds flat. She had a bad feeling about everything that went on that day, and she knew why.

She just never wanted to think that's way.

The doors burst open on Kit's third scream, Jack surprisingly opening his door and stormed in to help too, only after Clipper had rammed into the father's door a couple times.

But take what we can get.

Jackie's hands touched her daughter softly as she began to pulse, to seize.

"Jack, go, go get help!" She screamed as he ran, faster than Jackie had ever seen him before.

Before long she stopped, but as she went completely limp, Jackie knew.

This was what the downward spiral looked like.

Clipper began to freak out, as he wasn't trained for what was happening, leaving him to run after Jack.

"Jack! Hurry! Please hurry!" She pulled her up into her arms and began to run.

You might ask, where?

Jackie still couldn't answer you that today, it's like her feet knew where to go, but her brain had no idea. Everything seemed to go black and blurry.

The staff scrambling in the middle of the night, Clipper, somebody handing her Kit's blanket, the cold, a car ride?, Jack's yelling, the fluorescent lights of the Georgetown ER, more yelling, and watching.

Before she knew it, they sat in the PICU again with Kit, she held her daughter's partners leash close, it seemed like the thousandth time.

"It'll never end" Jackie thought to herself as a doctor came out of the room, and looked to the two.

Jackie suddenly could hear her heart, her heavy breathing, as the man proceeded to give the parents the two options they were presented with.

"Kathleen, she, she's lived so much longer than any child I've ever seen with her disease. Both of you did everything you could for her, and it shows as she still lays in that bed right now at almost 13 years old. These speeches never get easier. What I recommend in her case in my professional & personal opinion after being her doctor her entire life, is to take her home. It's getting into her brain stem, it will control her every move and thought in less than a month. She deserves to pass peacefully, not in this hospital, her body will give out, there's no beating around the bush, the lifelong pain and the spreading. But if you decide against it, you could take her to Boston Children's, they might could look into a special trial, or some other treatment, but like I said, her body will give out. If you do that it's just prolonging her pain, risking her passing before they could even help you. Like I said, it's your decision, and all I ask, Mr. President, First Lady, is that you let Kathleen in, ask her what she wants to do, before making this monumental decision. I truly am so sorry." He walked away with his head hung in defeat, he really thought Kit was the one he could save.

Both parents were completely numb.

"It. It will end." Jackie once again thought to herself, backing up the previous thought she had.

A decision that should never be made as a parent was now served to them on this silver plater as the time ticked down.

Later on in life, Jackie Kennedy told that she pinched herself quite a bit on that night, trying helplessly, to wake up from the nightmare.