most specialest girl

"Kit where are your Mary Janes?!" Jackie yelled running around the foyer.

"I don't know have you seen my hair barrets?!" She yelled back looking around her bathroom, Clipper using his nose to help everybody a little bit.

"The car is cranked, we pull out in 10 minutes!" Jack yelled as he came back into house sitting down in the kitchen, watching the chaos.

Kit really did have a bad morning, but of course, she was determined to make it through, like always. Once again, Clipper was not vibing with the family's decision to go through with the recital, alerting pain to each parent at least once every 10 minutes.

"Mommy I got my Mary Janes!" Kit started down the stairs sitting on the bottom one & clicking the buckles while Clipper licked her face, before slowly getting up and heading to her aunt,

"I found the barrets Jacks!" Rosie yelled as she clipped the black clips into her dark curly hair.

"Alright Kennedy's assemble in the car!" Jack picked up Kit as the women followed close behind, the 8 year old waving to her partner through the window he sat in.

She stared out the back windows playing the cords on her fingers as the car sped down the highway.

Of course she was nervous, but that was to be expected, and as they pulled into the large auditorium parking lot, butterflies filled her stomach.

The three walked in together and before Rosie lead the 8 year old back stage, kisses where exchanged from both parents as they watched Kit disappear behind the stage curtains.

"You can do this babe, you get out there and show em watcha got" Rosie kissed the little girls cheek before heading back to her parents.

All three of there hearts raced as kid after kid came and went, but as the 8 year old stood in the corner of the stage behind the three rows of curtains, Jackie knew it was time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, on this fine evening we have reached our final act! Our youngest student at the school and who we call "Little Mozart", Kathleen Kennedy on the piano.

Kit made her way to the seat and bowed before sitting down and adjusting her music.

Slowly she took a deep breathe and began playing like she never had before.

Standing about 4 foot 3, and only 45 to 50 pounds, the 8 year old played like nobody in the crowd had ever seen. Gasps came from all sides as she balanced her hands, used her feet, and guided herself through the whole 8 minute performance.

When she got up and bowed toward the audience, what seemed like hundreds of people stood and clapped loudly as her teacher headed to her and bent down to her level.

"So Kathleen, you wanna tell the people how old you are?" She laughed looking to the small girl as she did too.

"I just turned 8!" She crowd immediately began clapping loudly as the Kennedy family smiled so brightly knowing that that was there girl.

Quickly she left the stage and ran to her mom, who's arms were wide open to her daughter.

"I played your favorite mommy! Did you like it?" Kit face fell as she saw her mother crying.

"Oh baby, it was amazing, I expected nothing less!" She kissed her daughter's cheek as she walked ahead of her.

On the way out Jack handed her flowers and anybody she came to had a high five ready for the, surprisingly, eight year old.

She skipped happily out to the car and got buckled looking down at her red roses.

"I feel like mommy today!" She exclaimed with the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh?" Jack looked into his mirror, asking his daughter.

"I have on the prettiest outfit, playing piano like mommy, and I have her flowers! Like daddy always brings her!" Kit smelled the roses as Jackie smiled into the backseat.

"Anything for the most specialest girl ever" She winked at her daughter as Jack pulled back onto the highway.

Kit laid her head down on her aunt, who sat next to her, as Jackie handed back some of her medicine. Kind of "pregaming", after she got down from the adrenaline, the event would come to bite, and personally, Jackie really wanted to sleep that night.

"You did so good babe." She stroked Kit's hair as she groggily went into sleep not too long before they pulled back into the driveway to the family home.

As always, Jack headed upstairs with Kit, Clipper being abnormally excited to see her again, kinda disappointed that she was asleep, as the women headed into the house. Pouring some wine for the night and sitting down on the couches across from each other.

Jackie watched the stars that night, hating to see such a good day come to an end. She was thankful that Kit was still happy and somewhat healthy, but she knew what the future would hold, and she just never wanted to get there.