make you feel my love

"How do I look?" Kit looked to her agent Luke.

"And be honest" She laughed taking a twirl in her new red dress that had been specially made for her.

"You look absolutely marvelous Kit" He smiled while opening the door to the ballroom for his target as Kit smiled toward him, very excited for this night.

She walked through the crowd while applause came from everywhere. She made her way to the makeshift stage where a band sat behind her, one of the members handing her a microphone.

It felt weird to do anything by herself, as Clipper stayed behind this particular night.

The crowd was filled with close friends, family, two news reporters, and staff. But when they all came together, there was loads of people sitting at the designated tables.

Good Evening everybody!

Before I even begin, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the White House tonight to celebrate the First Lady and the President's 13th anniversary! Each and every one of you have watched them grow together, so it only makes sense that all of you be here tonight.

This surprise event wouldn't have worked out if it weren't for our family's amazing agents and the White House staff. We've worked for 2 months to make it to this day, and now that it's here, we can finally let loose and celebrate two amazing people, that I am ultimately blessed to call mommy and daddy.

So once again, thank you for coming, and everybody, enjoy your night here at the White House!

Kit handed the microphone back to the band member and went to find her "Grana", better known as Janet, Jackie's mother.

Even though she hadn't seen her father's parents in a couple of months & jackie's in about 2 weeks, she hurried to find them in the crowd, looking forward to seeing them again. To her, it felt like an eternity.

Kit looked incredibly mature and older with her long dress & train, fixed hair, a little makeup, and heels, so as she walked, people oohed and awed over the First Daughter.

"Grana!" Kit yelled as she wrapped her arms around her waist while Janet kissed the top of her head.

"Hello hello my girl, how are you?" She held her cheeks up, savoring the moment, as John popping in from behind Janet.

"Is that makeup?!" He looked at his granddaughter as Kit looked up to her mother in man form.

"Yes, Granpa" She laughed as he stood there stunned.

"I mean by God Janet, I watched Ace grow up so fast and now look at our girl! She's wearing makeup!" He looked at her as Janet nodded, letting go of her girl.

"Just for tonight Granpa!" She hurried away as her walkie talkie buzzed rapidly.

Lance and Lancer are on the move!

Kit motioned for the band to begin at she stood in the center of the wooden dance floor, directly in front of the double doors, a little distance away.

The two opened a door each as everybody clapped for them. Kit waved at both of them as they moved through the crowd.

"Happy Anniversary!" She greeted both of them as they smiled.

"Did you do all this Kitty?" Jack asked as one parent took each side, posing for the two reporters, everybody continuing to clap.

"Not everything. Was my idea, and I feel like I executed" She said through her smile as Jackie laughed a little bit.

And as people headed to the dance floor, Jack went his way, and Jackie went her way, Kit following her mother.

"Daddy!" Jackie walked toward her father, not seeing him in 2 whole weeks, probably the longest they had been away from each other, wrapping her arms tightly around him.

She felt so good showing affection in public like this, to not hide it.

"Happy Anniversary Ace" He kissed her cheek looking at her happily.

"You look beautiful tonight" John said, looking to his Ace, his girl. Of course "Ace" smiled while holding Kit's hand.

"Also, look at her face." John snapped out of the moment, Jackie looking to her daughter as Kit looked to her mother.

"Oh my God, who put makeup on your face?!" She looked to Kit as she laughed. It really didn't matter to Jackie, but it did make her sad seeing her baby grow up.

"That's what I said too!" He responded looking at his only granddaughter.

"It was Auntie Rosie's idea" She tried defending herself as Rosie came from behind Kit.

"What was my idea?" She laughed looking at Kit's face.

"Oh yeah, guilty, that was my idea" She motioned to Kit's face looking at Jackie, kind of looking like she had no other choice.

"I know, I- I need to learn to say no, but HOW can you say no to that face?!" Jackie laughed and thought about the fact that her girl was almost 13.

"I think you look beautiful baby" Slowly she kissed her daughter on the cheek, Kit leaving her and heading up to the center stage.

As Rosie walked with Jackie & Bobby walked with Jack, they, together being placed them in the center of the empty dance floor.

Kit hurried to the piano and looked to the set up, making sure everything was right. The place went silent as Janet stepped up.

I vividly remember when my LJ called me about this while shindig she wanted to put on, at first I doubted her, but I mean, look around, this place looks absolutely wonderful! She came to me the other day and said, "Grana, I wanna do something special", as if this wasn't special enough, I now proudly present, Kathleen Kennedy, playing "John and Jacqueline's song", Make You Feel My Love.

Kit adjusted the tone, and the height of the microphone.

"Mommy and Daddy's song, a perfect song, for a perfect night." She said, playing the beginning cords, before beginning to sing.

The crowd listened intently as Jackie began to cry. Just thinking of all the bad times, all the times that her girl could've turned sour, all the times she could've died right in front of her, yet, she watched her play and sing like absolutely nothing could ever stop her.

One day. Something would.

And as she sang the last line of simply, To Make You Feel My Love, Jackie was the first one to her feet, followed my Jack, and then the whole crowd.

The night was great, filled with dancing, stories, and for Kit, pain free, which was her favorite part. But by the end of the night, Kit was in the arms of her Granpa.

"She'll be fine Jackie, we have everything she could possibly need. Supplies, clothes, and Clipper. You two enjoy your trip, I love you darling." Janet kissed Jackie's cheek as she watched her 13 year old be buckled in by her father, Clipper jumping in on the girls feet, off to spend the week with her favorite set of grandparents.

"Tell her I love her" She whispered into John's ear as she wrapped her arms around her father.

"I will, after all, you have her for 2 weeks straight with Lee next week!" John laughed as he got into the vehicle with Kit and Janet.

This wasn't the first time that Kit would be apart from her mother and father, definitely wouldn't be the last, but this time just felt more odd for Jackie, she just didn't want to let go.

She watched them drive off into the distance as another car pulled up, ready to take the two to the runway for there week trip to Hyannis.