its christmas silly!

"Aunt Rosie! Aunt Rosie!! Wake up!" Clipper chimed in to help with the waking up, Kit smiling big as her aunt's eyes finally opened.

"Well good morning K, Clipper, ya know I feel like today could be special, do- do you know anything about that?" Rosemary got her robe on and looked to the 7 year old and her dog.

"It's Christmas silly!" Kit joined her aunt on the floor and proceeded to run down the stairs, get her coat, take her medicine, and put her shoes on before Rosie could get downstairs. Both of her "guests" sitting very well at the front door together, patiently waiting.

"You two are excited huh?" She laughed moving in slow motion.

"Come on Auntie Rosie, let's go!" She grabbed her aunt's hand and pulled until they were outside, Clipper walking close by on his leash.

She walked hand and hand as all the Kennedy's talked toward the big house, right on time.

It was always a tradition that Rose and Joe stood on the front porch right at 8:00 AM on Christmas morning to watch the family's file out at the same time. They always had a huge crowd.

"Where's mommy and daddy?" Kit looked up to her aunt looking around her for her parents.

"They're probably already there babe" Rosie said as words came from behind the two.

"That's a cute little girl, cute dog too, reminds me of our girl" Jack played.

"Too bad we lost ours to her aunt.." Jackie added as Kit turned to the two.

"Mommy, Daddy!" Kit jumped up into Jackie's arms as Jack looked to Rosie, who had grabbed the leash.

"You and Rosie match?" He smiled big at his sister, which she exchanged back to him.

"We do! Isn't it the coolest? We gotta get some for Clipper now!" Kit said, outstretching her arms back to Rosie, Jackie and her switching kid and dog, as she continued to walk beside the couple, of course Kit telling her parents all about her night.

"She can play piano?!" Rosemary added to the story looking at Jack and Jackie, neither of them acting as surprised as her.

"Oh yes, she's very good too." Jackie smiled talking to her husband's sister as she nodded slowly.

"Yeah like better than I ever could be." Which made Kit laugh in her aunt's arms.

"And Jack. You wanna tell me why your so stingy that I had to give your daughter her first ICE CREAM experience?!" Jackie headed in front as everybody entered the big house, all the kids gathering by there presents.

Of course he laughed and explained quickly before sitting down with his small family in there space.

And as all the kids ripped into there presents, Kit took her time, breaking through the crowd and walking to her aunt, who sat alone, grabbed her hand and made sure she helped her open her presents, right beside her and Clipper the entire time.

Jack just watched, so happy that Kit had developed such a relationship with his sister, one of his favorite ones too.

"Oh! And I have one for you too!" Rosie pulled a small box out of her robe pocket and gave it to the little one.

"For me?" she looked up to her aunt as she smiled and nodded, loving the appreciation in her voice.

Quickly she opened this box that held a necklace, Kit's K written in unique cursive.

"Rosie, that's beautiful!" Jack looked to the necklace, both parents admiring it, he knew it looked familiar in some way.

"It's a K in my handwriting, more sentiment around it I guess" She shrugged as the necklace quickly came out of the box.

"Put it on! Put in on!" Kit yelled to her aunt as she clasped the chain in the back looking back up to her.

All the children played with there toys as Jack's girl just admired the ones she already opened, particularly her new necklace.

"I love love it Auntie Rosie! Thank you!" Kit turned and hugged the women tightly as she hugged back.

From that day on, her mother's adjustable bracelet, and that necklace never came off Kit's neck.

And basically, for the rest of the family's time in Hyannis that year Kit was with her aunt. Even the morning of, she fed the little one and got her all packed before kissing her goodbye at the door of her home as the Kennedy's left for Washington again.

"Oh Rosemary!" Jackie ran back up to the doorstep.

"Me and Jack want to invite you up to Washington for a little while during April. It's Kit's first "big girl" piano recital and her second round of surgeries, we just really think you could be her "good luck charm" per say" Jackie smiled as Rosemary nodded.

"Of course, anything for K, I'll be there whenever you need me!" The two hugged and departed as Kit waved through the back window to her favorite aunt, holding her puppy close, before fading slowly into the distance.