my husband's job

Breaking News this morning!
Reports of seeing Senator Kennedy outside of Georgetown Memorial Hospital early this morning, and now we have photos from Children's National Medical Center. He is due at a local press conference at 6 PM this evening.

You'll know when we do.

Jack looked to the TV in his daughter's room huffing at the news and turning to the crib in the center of the room.

After two bags of pain medicine through her IV, Kit finally slept. Jackie ran her hand through her hair and walked up to her daughter crib, putting a rail down and holding her wrapped up in her blankie.

When she was stressed, her sweet girl was always the answer.

"I- have a conference today, they'll ask. I- I have to tell them today Jackie." He paced losing his breath, starting to hyperventilate.

"Jack! JACK." She whisper yelled looking to him, trying not to wake their sleeping baby.

"Get your shit together, this is who our daughter is, we can't FIX her. If you won't tell the truth and stand behind her. I will." Jackie popped toward her husband in which he looked away, in silence.

Slowly she gave him their daughter and grabbed her purse.

"You know what John, fuck you."

Jacqueline Kennedy walked right out of that room passing the nurses station on the way out.

"Make sure he doesn't put her down." She said walking past quickly.

"Mrs. Kennedy were are you going?!" One of them yelled as she continued on stopping at the double doors.

Kit only slept when Jackie was there, when she was in her mother's arms, so of course as the women headed off the floor, the nurses where once again on high alert.

"To do my husband's job." She stated and stormed out quickly heading toward the family's Georgetown home to get ready for HER press conference.

- -
And toward the end of the day, Jackie Kennedy stood tall, ready to show her support for her baby girl. Her life, and quite frankly, in that moment, her whole love, the little person that drove her to everything.

She got her que and headed towards the stage, of course looking absolutely gorgeous as she walked to the podium.

Meanwhile John held his breath holding his daughter, feeling that he just couldn't put her down.

"Mommy!" Kit yelled pointing to Jackie on the TV.

"Yea kiddo, go on back to sleep" And as a good kid, she laid back down on her fathers chest, never going back to sleep, but laying there like a good girl.

Daddy didn't have the magic touch.

Good Evening everybody.

I know this evening you expected my husband, and for that I am sorry. Last night, as you all know by now, our almost two year old daughter, Kathleen, was taken to Georgetown Memorial before being admitted to Children's National this morning after an incident that happened while she slept in the night.

This morning we are tremendously thankful that we still have our daughter.

Between these times, we have a diagnosis to what caused the problem. She was formally diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, which directly impacts her nerves and muscles. It's a big diagnosis for a small girl like our Kit. But we know she will come out victorious, the road will be bumpy, but us, as a family are ready to be there for her no matter what.

This evening Kathleen finally slept, in the arms of her father. A very large accomplishment at this time. Which is why I stand before you now. At this time, we ask for your patience and privacy to navigate the unknowns with our girl.

Thank you.

Jackie drifted off stage and directly into a car that sped back to the hospital from the press conference.

Meanwhile back at the hospital, Jack sighed a breath of relief as his wife exited the event, it seemed normal, routine, like nothing was wrong, in that way she did nicely.

But outside the baby's room the coverage ran in the station. Every nurse on the floor was stunned with the speech, especially after they watched her storm out less than an hour ago, looking stressed and obviously mad. But as the moment from the time before started to make sense, a silence feel over the nurses until one stood to her feet, looking toward the little Kennedy's room and softly saying to herself,

"That bastard."