im so sorry baby

And for the three days that the two got to spend together, it was amazing, but as always, tragedy always had to strike, and the couple ordered their daughter back to them from Washington.

Jack paced with his mother in the Hyannis hospital as Jackie looked to him.

"Jack, Kit will be landing in 20 minutes" She said sympathetically, definitely not wanting to push her husband's buttons right now.

"John go get your girl, your father will be fine until you get back." Rose looked into the room that Joe laid in helplessly.

"We're gonna go get her, I'll drop her with Rosie, and we'll be back" He huffed hugging his mother before following Jackie to the car. Jackie had definitely pressed the button.

Truthfully, she couldn't wait to see her baby again, especially since all this was going on, she just brought joy wherever she went, and that's what both parents needed right now.

The drive was short, simple & silent, both of the parents stood on the runway when the side door opened and the stairs extended.

It made Jackie nervous knowing this was Kit's first time traveling on the jet all by herself, but as she hopped the last step and ran toward her mother with Clipper, everything faded away as she squeezed tightly.

She wore her new glasses, one eye being completely covered. Kit held her head down, being embarrassed and just not wanting to explain the covered eye to her mother. Yeah, the vision was fading, but that wasn't the reason this time.

"Kathleen Rose, look up at me." Jackie snapped as Kit looked to her mother.

"What in the hell?!" Jack yelled looking at Jackie. She knew what he was thinking immediately.

"What happened? Tell me straight right now." Jackie once again snapped, worrying about the answer. After all, her father was a better man now.

"I- I, my eye, it started to hurt really bad the night you guys left, and it- it was bad. So I did what I always do, I scratched, and, and I broke through. Broke, broke through. And when we got the call last night about Granpy, Grana just decided to send me back like this, cause it-it's not pretty." She looked to Jackie nervously, white knuckling Clipper's collar, beginning to feel the tears begin to well up, which made her stitched eye lid hurt even worse.

"Come on." Jack said sternly, throwing Kit and Clipper in the back as Jackie sat with him in front of her.

It just wasn't the best time for Kit to get off a plane with stitches after just three days with her other set of grandparents. Jackie could only imagine the assumptions that where coming her way.

Rosie, as always met Kit at the door, and without saying goodbye or anything she got her bag, slammed the door and with one singular bark from Clipper, ran to her aunt. Trying to make a "statement" and as they pulled away from the circle, Jackie couldn't help but watch Rosie pick up Kit, taking her glasses and looking to her eye sympathetically before taking her inside slowly.

That should've been her.

"Oh kiddo, that's- that's something for sure." Rosie swallowed looking at the black, swollen, stitched eye her niece was showing her.

"I'm just going to automatically think that you can't open this eye huh?" She touched it as Kit winced, Clipper jumping at the hearing of his partner in pain, as she nodded her head no to the question her aunt asked her.

"Daddy and Mommy think it's my fault. Daddy snapped at me." She shrugged covering it up again and walking to the island in the open kitchen as the dog followed, like always.

"Well kiddo why do you think they think that?" Rosemary sat down across the table from Kit, interested in hearing her niece's answer.

"Well I think mommy is mad because she's always told me to not scratch at it, whatever hurts, don't scratch, and I did. But it was before Grana called Hattie, I- the pain, it was too much, I couldn't help it, if I stopped, I would've started to scream. But she didn't let me tell her that it was before, not after. We've worked on it, she usually understands when it's before, but it usually doesn't happen in the before because she's always on top of it. They wouldn't let me talk." The aunt felt for her girl on a very familiar level, but this was a parent reality.

"Come on, it's getting late, let's get your medicine and head to bed." Rosie led the girl upstairs, taking the bandage off and letting her stitches breathe, she downed her medicine in no time, and laid down, looking to the stars outside her room window at her aunt's house as Clipper cuddled up next to his partner.

Meanwhile Jackie Kennedy stood at one of the many hospital windows, staring at the stars outside, when an agent walked toward the First Lady.

"Mrs. Kennedy, your mother is on at the nurses station." He nodded as she walked toward the nurses, who had stared at her all day long.

"Hello?" She sighed thinking about how tired she was and the fact her daughter now had 2 sets of stitches near her eye that were extremely noticeable.

"Oh Jacqueline, how is Joe?" She asked, nice to hear her daughters voice.

"Honestly, I haven't seen him, uh, but I think he's hanging in there." She put her hand on her forehead.

"Did LJ make it there?" Her nickname for Kit always threw Jackie off, meaning Little Jackie.

"Oh yea, what exactly even happened there?" She asked looking to a bland hospital wall.

"Well we got her home, your daddy brought her upstairs and tucked her in, she slept for about three hours before I heard the initial whimpering. I went to get her up when she stumbled into our room with her hand of her eye, covered in blood from head to toe. She fully explained what she had done, being very calm throughout the whole thing with Clipper there the entire time of course, even when they shoved a needle into her eyelid and stitched it up. She was a pro, they ended up treating her pain while we were there. On the way home she told me she couldn't see anymore, in that eye, but that it was normal. Before I knew it, you called her out." Janet told the story fully as it hit Jackie.

"So she scratched before she got any relief?" She asked as Janet began to get confused.

"She didn't get anything for the initial pain until after the stitches no, why?" Suddenly a huge wave of guilt hit the mother as she hung the phone back up.

Quickly she headed back toward where everybody was and looked to her husband.

"I'm going to check in on Kit." It wasn't a question, but a blunt statement and as she walked, Clint followed, he was kinda like her very own Clipper in loads of ways.

Even the names kind of matched up.

And before she knew it, they were in front of Rosie's house, no surprise to the lights still being on.

Jackie knocked and immediately her sister-in-law opened the door and let her in.

"Where is she?" Jackie looked to Rosemary, who's face didn't look super pleasant toward the First Lady.

She never found Jackie as the kind of mother like Rose.

"Upstairs in her room." She pointed up the stairs, suddenly realizing that Jackie didn't know where that would be.

"Her name is on the door." She watched as Jackie entered the room quietly.

The sweet sun yellow room, decorated with line decals, a news article wall from ceiling to carpet,, that was so so so Kit, it amazed her, not only just the fact that the room was perfect, but that it fit her way better than hers in the White House, and this room was in her aunts home, not in there's.

She slowly approached her daughter, trying not to wake her or Clipper up.

"Oh baby." She looked to the left eye that had already caused Kit problems in the past, a nice shade of blue, stitched up, and amazingly swollen.

And carefully, she cupped the 12 year old's face and whispered slowly near her face

"I'm so sorry baby."