i want to meet him

And as the new first family moved into the White House, everybody found their place, except Kit.

After all it was a big adjustment, but she was good at making friends and had her family, so there were good things to come. Everyday seemed like a new adventure in a different part of the White House.

So as her alarm went off on a Tuesday morning, she was ready to find what she would be known for.

Putting on her slacks and a random blouse, Kit walking slowly out of the double doors connected to her room, leaning onto Clipper slightly. Her balance was all off these days.

"Good morning Ms. Kennedy" One of her many agents stood at her doorway, making the 11 year old jump 6 feet in the air.

"Golly I gotta get used to you guys! And for the 100th time, Mrs. Kennedy is my mommy! Just Kit!" She hurried away from the two men, hoping no others where following her and her dog.

But as she turned around to see straight down the hall, her mother's agent came into view. Him looking winded, startling not only her, but Clipper as well.

"Oh good morning Kathleen. Uh, by any chance, have you seen your mother?" He smiled as Kit giggled.

"You've lost her again?" She asked trying to think were her mother could be.

"..Yea" He sounded a little defeated as Clipper barked, like he was trying to help out, doing what he was taught to do.

"Oh don't worry, that's just mommy, here and there all the time, she likes to keep moving at all times. Uh, have you checked the gardens?" She looked to the man who dashed out of the corridor, meaning no he hadn't.

"Thank you Kit!" He yelled back to the girl who laughed a little, heading toward one of her favorite rooms in the White House, the mail room.

It had the biggest windows and just piles of letters addressed to the family. She could sit, reading them for hours with her partner at her feet. And she had become close with the women who worked in there too, so it was just perfect for Kit.

"Well hello Kit!" One of the woman said as she walked in slowly, gripping her dog, letting him lead the way.

"Good morning everybody!" She sat down by one of the big windows and looked to the women.

"How is everybody?" She smiled, picking up her first letter as the first lady in the room began to talk.

"My son, he's out on break, so I wish I was there, but you know." She sounded a little sad while talking.

"Well why don't you bring him to work with you?" Kit asked innocently looking to the woman, who happened to be her favorite.

"I mean, I don't think the President would like that." She laughed a little, acting like Kit was asking a dumb question.

"Daddy? Oh who cares what he thinks, he's got a country to run, he doesn't even know where my room is down the hall, much less where you guys are." She rolled her eyes, showing her father's "true colors" before looking back to her letter.

"How are you today Kit?" One of the younger workers asked Kit, trying to include the girl.

"Well I'm getting an infusion today, but other than that I'm great, another adventure kind of day with Clip, thank you for asking" She smiled as the women began to talk amongst themselves.

She read letter after letter, not even noticing the time on the clock.

"Kathleen Rose Kennedy!" Jackie yelled through the White House as Kit's eyes shot wide, Clipper popping up, knowing The First Lady was mad.

"Oh no." She hurried to the door, looking back to the women.

"Pray for me" She said smiling as the women laughed hard.

She stood in front of the door, shhing her partner, as Jackie slipped down the stairs again, quickly she headed to her room, stopping at the door and looking to her agents.

"I never left my room this morning.", They looked down at her, nodding as Kit hurried to her bed, ripping off Clipper's leash as the double doors flew open.

"Where were you." Chills were sent down Kit's spin as Hattie headed into the room, the question becoming a very scarily blunt statement.

"We'll talk about this later." Jackie slammed the door behind her as Hattie stood beside Kit.

"Where were you Kit?" She asked bluntly, Kit looking back up to Hattie getting back in bed with Clipper like she had been "all day"

"The mail room, I- I like it in there" She smiled at Hattie as she managed to find a vein.

"Are you ready for this round?" She looked to Kit.

"No, but I don't have a choice. You put the nausea one too right?" Kit looked up at the IV pole seeing the solution bags.

"Yeah and your parents requested another too. Just stay put, this one is new, we don't know your reactions yet." She tucked the girl into her bed and left without another word. Leaving Kit and Clipper to rest.

But as the hour ticked by, Kit had an idea. She looked to the time and realized that her medicines would be running for a whole other hour, so the pole was coming with.

She slipped from her second bathroom door and headed out of the corridor and back toward the mail room hauling her dog and the IV pole.

It seemed like this pole was a ticking time bomb, made too much noise and could go off like crazy at any given moment, giving her away. Kit slipped into the room right as the women got there coats and hats for the cold Washington weather.

"Kit? Are you supposed to be out of bed?!" One of them looked to the girl, who had lost her color and suddenly looked very small in her slacks.

"No, no I'm definitely not supposed to be, but I'm here anyways. I know I look like a mess, I'm aware, please don't stare, I have three medicines running through my body right now that really don't agree with me, but not the point, gotta make this quick before mommy comes back. Ann, I wanna meet your son tomorrow, just bring him in where you come in, if they ask, say the First Daughter wanted to meet him, come to find out I'm old enough to "order" things! Anyways, I feel like about to drop dead, and you ladies need to head home, so, good night, I'll see all of you here tomorrow morning, around the same time." She slightly smiled and headed back to her room as fast as she could, getting in as Clipper alerted and throwing up immediately after, it would be a long night, but she was ready to meet a new friend in the morning.